Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Plant Operations Manager in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our approximately 18,700 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball is one of the world's largest manufacturers of food cans, aerosol cans, paint & general line cans, and specialty metal tins. Fruits, vegetables, soup, meat, beverages, or pet food - we make a metal can that protects products and displays them beautifully. Ball is North America's largest producer of 3-piece steel aerosol cans, Europe's leading supplier of extruded aluminum aerosol cans and the world's largest producer of aluminum slugs (disks that are later extruded into cans and bottles).
Ball is a Lean/SixSigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
Located on the Northwest side of Milwaukee, this plant manufactures 100 percent recyclable two-piece steel food containers. The plant currently employs approximately 74 hourly and salaried team members.
*Primary Purpose of Position: *
Manages the plant production function and preventative maintenance function as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of the production function in the plant and its interface with the group office.
- Establishes and implements improvements for cost reduction, quality, and safety programs.
- Directs and assists with developmental or experimental production activities.
- Arranges and coordinates employee involvement in addressing problem areas of production equipment by utilizing problem-solving tools, skills, and statistical skills.
- Provides administration and supervision of the plant preventative maintenance function as directed.
- May supervise and direct the purchasing and stores functions as directed.
- Arranges for maintenance and preventive maintenance and recommends programs to implement same.
- Establishes and implements predictive and corrective maintenance practices relating to production equipment.
- Provides training to employees in proper preventive/predictive/corrective maintenance programs and procedures for the plant production equipment.
- May provide for and review the performance and personal development of all maintenance maintainers on an individual basis.
- May perform periodic outside warehouse inspections and make suggestions in areas that would improve the shipping/storing procedures.
- Provides training to employees on hazardous waste, Right-to-Know, and the contingency plan.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 4 year(s) minimum
- May require short-term and long-term domestic travel (10%)
- Experience working in plant manufactuering two-piece steel food containers strongly preferred.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.