Eversource Energy Supervisor, Field Operations, Gas Construction in Meriden, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position:
This position provides direct supervision of internal and/ or external work crews. The position oversees resources engaged in the operation, maintenance and construction of Eversource Energy gas distribution systems. This position is multi-faceted with responsibilities that include integrated planning and scheduling, execution of fieldwork activities, performance measurement, coaching, safety adherence, mentoring and various administration duties. Prepares and executes maintenance and construction activities along with coordination and schedules. Communicates with customers and community officials concerning all aspects of utility construction, operations, maintenance and service delivery.
- Plans, organizes and manages the Gas Maintenance and Construction field workload through accurate coordination and scheduling, with others.
- Supervises and oversees in-house crews and contractors engaged in the operation, maintenance and construction of Eversource gas distribution system.
- Communicates with customers and community officials concerning all aspects of utility construction, operations, maintenance and service delivery.
- Coordinates outages as the on-scene supervisor. Responds to and classifies reported gas leaks. May participate in the supervisory on-call rotation.
- Ensures the safety of personnel by taking direct preventive measures, conducting effective weekly safety meetings and ensuring all related standards, rules and laws are understood and followed.
- Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate Company standards and work methods including monitoring for a high quality of workmanship and productivity.
- Responsible for providing complete, accurate and timely work packages for work crews including required permits, CBYD authorization, drawings and other related instructions.
- Monitors current and future workload to ensure district plans and schedules maximize productivity, control costs and meet or exceeds service level agreements.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and Company work rules and procedures. Understands and complies with the labor contract and works to resolve initial grievances. Initiates appropriate disciplinary action when required.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires knowledge of gas distribution system design, operations, maintenance, and construction principles and practices, safety standards and business processes. Also requires project and schedule management skills including computerized work and materials management and scheduling tools. Requires a working knowledge of the labor contracts. Requires communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution and teamwork skills. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word & Excel).
Education/Experience: Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline plus three (3) years field service design and/or installation servicing customers and supervising employees; OR
Requires Associate’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline plus five (5) years field service design and/or installation servicing customers and supervising employees; OR
Minimum of seven (7) years in field service, utility operations or technical discipline with supervisory and/or customer service experience.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.