Baxter Supv, Operations in Memphis, Tennessee
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The Supervisor, Operations directly supervises and supports a staff of employees assigned to various jobs such as export, receiving, shipping, customer orders, and/or replenishment. This position is responsible for ensuring that customer orders, complaints, and requests are processed in a timely, accurate, and cost effective manner.
- Supervise receipt and distribution of all products from the warehouse and employee workload as required to optimize staff effectiveness.
- Develop and implement effective systems and procedures to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of the operation. Monitor warehouse services and determine best methods to overcome obstacles while maintaining acceptable service levels.
- Insure all new employees are properly trained. Serve as escalation point for employees with problems. Take proactive steps as appropriate.
- Review and answer inquiries from customer service, customers, sales, vendors, and management. Use judgment and diplomacy to handle complaints and resolve issues.
- Responsible for implementing procedures to meet federal, state, company, and facility regulations. Administer and support all standard operating and quality procedures.
- Assist in the supervision of product recalls, field corrective actions, and product returns.
May participate in budget and forecasting processes along with other projects as requested.
BA in Business Administration, Management, Logistics, Transportation, or related field.
- 1-3 years supervisory and/or team leadership experience. 3-5 years of experience in a distribution environment.
- Strong organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills both oral and written along with proven ability to implement change.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage a number of ongoing issues, meet deadlines, and communicate with senior management.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with spreadsheets and word processing applications required.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Documentation Practices.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving reach trucks, forklifts, pallet jacks, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The employee frequently is required to walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving reach trucks, forklifts, pallet jacks, extreme cold, and possibly extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position requires proficiency in warehouse management systems and PC environments.
Equal Employment Opportunity Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster Supplement Pay Transparency Policy /Reasonable Accommodations/ Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email toCorporateStaffingDeerfield@baxter.comor call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Job: *Supply Chain
Title: Supv, Operations
Requisition ID: 170005WL