Amazon.com Senior Specialist, Japan Carrier Model Launch and Operations in Meguro, Japan
Do you want to work hard, have fun and make history? If you do then Amazon could be the right career choice for you. Our logistics teams are changing the way we interact with customers around the globe every single day and solving some of the biggest logistical challenges facing not just Amazon, but also the entire industry.
Amazon’s transportation teams work to ensure the delivery packages globally for customers around the world. On its busiest day, Cyber Monday, Amazon customers around the world have ordered more than 400 items per second and the transportation teams play a critical role ensuring packages make it to customers’ doors on-time and in great condition. Whether its items large or small, we find solutions to make sure we are delivering on our promise for customers.
Our Launch Managers are responsible for opening up new Delivery Stations and new Delivery areas for delivering customer packages. Delivery Stations represent the last leg of our delivery network. Customer packages travel from our Fulfillment Centers to regional Sort Centers and finally end up at our local Delivery Stations where packages are sorted and dispatched directly to the customer via delivery service providers (couriers). Launch Managers will also be responsible for the day-to-day operations of an Amazon Delivery Station which includes outbound and sortation operations. The Launch Managers will also actively engage with the regional operations leadership to implement new operational improvements and new services. We expect our managers to continually identify ways to improve our operations.
• Manage launch process of delivery station and new area associated with the delivery station, and enable rapid expansion of delivery network.
• Oversee the delivery of Amazon orders to customers
• Managing day-to-day relationships with multiple Delivery Service Providers (DSPs)
• Support Amazon operations leadership team in daily operations management of the delivery station, including route assignment, leading meetings, and communicating with internal and external suppliers.
• Communicate with and respond to Amazon Customer Service associates on delivery exceptions and requests
• Troubleshoot problems through to resolution, escalating as necessary
• Review and update SOPs as required
Participate in Lean/Kaizen, Black Belt, and other Operational Excellence initiatives
• Ensure compliance throughout the site to global process standards and work on continuous improvement initiatives
Experience with planning, performance metrics, process improvement, and lean techniques
Strong analytical capability; track record of digging into data and finding solutions for a variety of operational problems
Flexibility to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays
Excellent communication skills (including local language and English, written and verbal)
Degree in Engineering, Operations or related logistics field would be desired
Experience managing third party resources on a regional/national scale
Experience managing contingent workforce in a business with peak seasons
Repeat “why”s and tenaciously quantify problems to reach true cause or fundamental solutions.
Always think towards making things new or to change
Can drive business by involving many people
Analysis and consideration is important, but also driving business by taking risks and having a sense of “just do it” is important.
Never give up until the problems are solved till the end
An experience in Supply chain, Logistics department of large scale manufacturing companies is a plus
AMZR Req ID: 562368
External Company URL: www.amazon.com