Amazon.com Business Operations Manager in Meguro, Japan
Amazon is seeking a highly-motivated, quick-thinking, customer-obsessed Business Operations Manager with a history of high performance to support the Director of JP Seller Services in Tokyo.
The position will be based in Amazon’s Japan Headquarters in Tokyo, will lead the Seller Services Executive Assistant (EA) team and act as the head EA; manage internal team communications and drive key programs for Seller Services in Japan.
The successful candidate will train and coach other Executive Assistants throughout the Seller Services organization, and build a strong network throughout the company. Will possess the ability to complete high volumes of tasks, varying projects, and organize important events through planning accurately and efficiently with little or no guidance. You will be able to react with the appropriate level of urgency to situations that require a quick response or turnaround. You will be comfortable taking action without having to know the full picture and will efficiently solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the department or other related groups.
You should ideally have knowledge and experience of working with a global team across multiple time zones, languages and exposure to international cultures. The ability to meet tight deadlines, work in a highly ambiguous environment and switch gears at a moment's notice is a requirement. Candidates should demonstrate an understanding of business structure as well as the desire and aptitude for learning new concepts quickly.
High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is required. In addition, exceptional written and oral communication skills, high attention to detail, bias for action and detailed planning and organizational skills are a must. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook tools is also required.
Main responsibilities include: complex calendar management and scheduling of internal and external meetings, managing travel bookings, handling expenses, implementing systems ensuring strong follow-up management occurs on action items and questions with relevant senior leaders in coordination, monitoring the progress of leadership team goals, preparing materials for meetings and provide post-meeting follow-up notes; assisting with the preparation of presentations and narrative documentation; drawing focus and attention to key bottlenecks, identifying potential solutions and leading implementation, organizing small-scale team events and larger scale department/ company-wide events as required; and a variety of other day-to-day administrative tasks on behalf of the Director. You will generally be responsible for organizing the Director's agenda and ensuring the smooth-running of his work in an ever-changing environment where priorities can change rapidly.
This is a demanding but highly rewarding role, allowing you exposure to broad and diverse areas of the Amazon business and to work with senior leadership teams on a multitude of exciting tasks. This can be a great career move for an experienced and ambitious executive assistant looking to grow and develop fast in an organization offering fantastic long-term career opportunities.
· BA/BS Degree
· 5+ years’ experience supporting/engaging with Sr. Executives, and 2+ years of project management experience in a fast-paced environment – ideally as member of a global team
· Ability to work efficiently and accurately in time sensitive matters and organized to manage and track multiple priorities simultaneously – grace under pressure and the ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice
· Excellent written and verbal skills as well as prioritization and planning skills – with strong attention to detail
· Experience leading cross-functional projects and managing programs independently
· Ability to create, maintain and disseminate information to stakeholders for multiple projects/work streams at one time
· Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment and interest in supporting a global team
· Proven ability to handle highly confidential information appropriately
· Ability to dive deep into data and present information in a coherent, articulate manner
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Fluent English language - both written and spoken
· Proficiency in Japanese
· Master’s degree or Law degree
· International work experience
· Project management for special projects, including organization, coordinating with external parties as required, managing action items and status, and ensuring team-wide communication of important deadlines and deliverables
· Experience writing and communicating in a business environment
· Ability to drive effective communication and collaboration across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
· Comfort and capability working with data and analytics
AMZR Req ID: 551701
External Company URL: www.amazon.com