Titan America Equipment Operator - Bulldozer in Medley, Florida
Titan America, LLC has an immediate opening for an Equipment Operator – Bulldozer for our Pennsuco Aggregates Division in Medley, FL. This wage non-exempt position is assigned to the Aggregates Quarry Department and will report to the Quarry Supervisor and Lead Person. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform all required safety checks and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Proficiently operate a bulldozer with knowledge of track equipment and undercarriage maintenance.
- Operate a bulldozer to efficiently move material within the quarry area; benching, road building, leveling or pushing within the surge stockpile area for plant feed, as directed.
- Communicating with the Plant Tower Operator or Cement Control Room Operator while feeding the plant at the surge pile. Must be able to consistently meter material to appropriate feeders.
- Perform and fill-out a pre-shift inspection on heavy equipment. Inspect work areas and participate in a STA at the start of each shift.
- Follow company policies and MSHA regulations as trained, inspected, and communicated through all formats by management/supervisor/lead.
- Conduct yourself while performing duties in a manner that represents the values of Titan and shows respect to fellow employees.
- Maintain equipment in a clean and safe manner. Report all safety and operational concerns.
- Perform all tasks as directed by the supervisor or lead person. Duties may include shoveling, washing, housekeeping, or maintenance activities when directed.
- Must be willing and able to train to operate other equipment and to perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Lead man. Required Experience
- Safety conscious work ethic always for the protection of self and all others in the work area.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of limestone quarry operations preferred.
- Prior heavy equipment experience in a construction or mining environment preferred.
- Knowledge of heavy haulage equipment preferred. Ability to comprehend and apply training provided, especially related to off-highway haulage.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to speak, read and write the English language preferred.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Technical/Vocational school training is a plus. Welding and cutting experience preferred.
- Able to speak, hear, walk, kneel, crouch, climb, crawl, and lift a minimum of 50 lbs. Capable of working in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks properly and in a timely manner.
- Available to work days, nights, and weekends as directed by management.
- Positive attitude to achieve goals and deliver results individually and in a team environment.
- High School diploma or GED; or 3 or more years related experience and/or training.
- Maintain a current Florida Driver’s License and a clean Motor Vehicle Record.
Must be able to work day shifts, afternoon shifts, night shifts, swing shifts, weekends, and overtime as directed.
Tracking Code: BC036
Job Location: Medley, Florida, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular