Titan America Cement Control Room Operator in Medley, Florida
Titan America, LLC, is a leading environmentally and socially progressive heavy building materials company located in the eastern United States. Titan America is part of the TITAN Group, an independent, multi-regional producer of cement and other related building materials. Our products include cement, aggregate, ready-mixed concrete and fly ash beneficiation. TITAN Group has a record of continuous growth since its establishment in 1902. It has expanded its production and distribution operations into 13 countries, employing more than 5,500 people. Our products protect human life and personal property, improve the quality of life, generate economic prosperity and connect society.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Control Room Operatorat our Medley, Florida plant.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Follow safe operating procedures to protect employees and equipment.
- Monitor production control system and respond with appropriate actions.
- Adjust manual controls or override automatic controls to bring equipment into recommended or prescribed operating ranges, switch to backup equipment or systems, or shut down equipment.
- Maintain kiln at proper temperature and optimum stability.
- Records operation and maintenance actions taken during shift in operators’ logbook.
- Communicate with mechanics, electricians and supervisors to coordinate production requirements.
- Monitor the quality throughout the process line, and make process adjustments as necessary to maintain product quality.
- Monitor and control the process of all the equipment in plant including: secondary crusher, reclaimers, raw mill, kiln, coal mill, and finish mills.
- Respond to alarms on the plant control system.
- Optimize production and minimize power and heat consumption.
- Maintain emission levels below acceptable limits.
- Understand all applicable permit limits for the operation of the kiln, mills, and other process equipment within the plant.
Operate the kiln, mills, and other process equipment within state, provincial, and federal parameters for air quality standards, understanding how process changes affect plant operations with respect to the permit limits. Required Skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Computer literate. Able to monitor all computer controlled equipment.
- Must be able to make quick decisions under pressure.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Knowledge and understanding of SOP procedures.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Good written, oral communication and deductive analysis.
Must be able to work under stressful conditions. Required Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must know basic kiln and mill process.
Tracking Code: 1389-774
Job Location: Medley, Florida, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular