Owens & Minor Director of Sales Operations in Mechanicsville, Virginia
Works with the subsidiary's leadership and field sales teams in developing specific sales operations strategies, business goals, objectives, programs and processes as well as recommending policies/procedures to achieve budgeted sales growth in the subsidiary's offerings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.In conjunction with the subsidiary's leadership team, develops strategic relationships with key suppliers identifying the business goals, resources and action steps necessary for market share and earnings growth in the Clinical market.
2.Works collaboratively with subsidiary leadership team to ensure sales and profit targets achieve and all projects are completed on schedule.
3.Manages the Quoting and Prototyping team to ensure they hit customer service, sales and operational metrics.
4.Works extensively with field sales team and liaises with operations, production, Quality Assurance/Regulatory Assurance, Customer Service, Quoting, Prototyping and Planning to ensure customer needs and expectations are met
5.Oversees the development and utilization of Customer Resource Management solution for the subsidiary such that objectives, goals, strategies and measurements that are consistent and supportive of the larger goals of the company.
6.Develops and maintains daily, weekly and monthly sales and ops report that help drive growth and profitability.
7.Ensures Sales Representatives understand specific goals and objectives as well as larger all-company goals. Prepares annual and monthly budget for subsidiary's products and services.
8.Develops, reviews and submits monthlysales commissions for approval; collaborates with Corporate Compensation on approvals and submission for payment.
9.Partners directly with Owens & Minor University on training and development needs and intended outcomes.
10.Assists in developing new and maintaining existing levels of business in subsidiary products and services.
11.Partners with the Sales and Marketing and Vendor Relations Teams to develop, implement and measure our success on sales strategies and marketing programs.
12.Establishes, promotes and coaches subsidiary's sales team on importance of staying within sales cost limits while maximizing sales opportunity and profitability; partners with the operations team in controlling costs within the production facilities while meeting customer expectations.
13.Identifies and shares best practices with internal and external parties; represents the company at local and national conferences and with professional groups.
14.Administers/monitors approved accounting practices to ensure financial and operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business and provide reliable information necessary to control operations. Ensures all practices and procedures comply with audit requirements and meet operational standards.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1.Bachelor's Degree; Master's Degree preferred
2.Minimum of ten years in a senior leadership role
3.Eighteen plus years of sales experience; minimum of ten years direct supervisory experience
4.In depth knowledge of best sales practices and business go-to-market strategies
5.International marketing experience/exposure is highly preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated leadership and teambuilding as core competencies ; strong ability to mentor and develop a highly motivated team of professionals
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive sales operations programs to advance an organization's strategy and goals
- Demonstrated ability and experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of annual reports, marketing literature, and other print materials
- Demonstrated skill and confidence in proactively building relationships with top tier partners/leaders both internally and externally
- Strong ability to make decisions in a changing environment
- Strong ability to anticipate future needs of the organization
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive team leader who welcomes challenges
- Communicates effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing
- Manages time and resources effectively through strong organization, multi-tasking, delegation, time management and project management skills
- Works independently as a self-starter committed to delivering the highest in customer service, quality and results
- Anticipates problems and works proactively to solve them through creative thinking
- Negotiates skillfully, anticipating reactions and planning strategically to overcome objections
1.Ability to travel up to 75%