Vectrus Assistant Operations Supervisor in Maxwell, Alabama
Assists the Fitness Center Supervisor in the management of the daily operation of three fully functional fitness centers, to include daily financial paperwork, work requests to Civil Engineering, and supervising six part time employees. Ensures all Fitness Center staff members are trained and meet all the training contractual obligations. Ensures daily checklists inspections are completed and documented on all fitness equipment, discrepancies documented and forwarded to the appropriate office for correction. Responsible for submitting purchase requests to procure equipment and supplies to operate the facility. Coordinate volunteers and fitness staff for aerobics and fitness classes. Accomplish other administrative tasks as required to ensure effective contractor mission support customer support to Maxwell/Gunter AFB. Position is subject to uncommon tour of duty including holidays, weekends and nights, and may require work outside throughout the year.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Manages all incentive programs, to include advertising, tracking, and rewarding participants.
2. Effectively procures equipment and supplies throughout the fiscal year for the fitness and sports programs and resale operations.
3. Prepares and submits APF and NAF budgets, which include the expenditures required to conduct the fitness and sports operations and resale operations to the Fitness Supervisor.
4. Prepares purchase order requests for supplies and equipment.
5. Develops a marketing plan for aerobics, resale operation and incentive programs
6. Develops, implements, monitors, and documents a comprehensive training program to ensure all staff members possess the necessary skills and knowledge for their position.
7. Conducts proper training and orientation for all new employees.
8. Document, monitor repairs and maintenance of existing equipment. Schedules repairs, submits purchase requests for fitness equipment to be properly maintained by a civilian company.
9. Coordinates with Civil Engineers, Communications, and other base agencies regarding requirements for maintenance and repair of fitness and sports facilities.
10. Solicits, selects, and directs volunteers and contract instructors for aerobics program. Creates monthly schedule, ensuring all compliance metrics are met (tracking instructor’s proper certification). Processes contract instructor’s invoices and submit purchase requests to pay instructors.
11. Manages the contracted NAF massage therapists. Budget income and expense, processes bi-monthly invoices and monthly financial paperwork.
12. Completes all end of the month financial paperwork.
13. Ensures all front desk financial paper work, deposits are completed daily.
14. Oversees/assists in special events.
15. Interfaces with customer/contracting support personnel to ensure the execution of customer services for Maxwell Air Force Base and Gunter Annex.
16. Performs other duties and assignments as required.
The duties listed are intended only as illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them for the position of the work that is similar, related, or a logical assignment to this class.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Candidate must be able to use the basic office automation equipment, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word applications.
Working conditions may include performing job requirements under certain time and resource constraints, in a very fluid environment. Work is typically performed in an adequately lighted and climate controlled office; however, some functions will be conducted outside during all four seasons and subject to higher than normal ranges of hot and cold. May require the use of a government vehicle in the performance of duties. May be required to work a non-traditional schedule including evenings, weekends or holidays to cover events executed by the fitness centers.
Work is primarily sedentary, but certain physical demands may be incurred during the execution of fitness center events. Must be able to lift 30 lbs. Must be able to walk long distances without stopping. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
CPR/First Aid. Valid State Driver’s License. Must attend and pass the USAF Fitness Specialist Course within 180 days of hire.
6 years direct experience in fitness center/sports administration.
Practical knowledge of recreation activities, rules and procedures and skill in the use and maintenance of recreational and fitness equipment desirable.
Excellent communication and people skills.
Computer skills desirable.
Knowledge of exercise machinery and all phases of fitness training.
Ability to develop programs in keeping with the trends and needs of the facility users.
Professional knowledge of the principles, theories and concepts and practice of physical fitness programs.
Title: Assistant Operations Supervisor
Requisition ID: MAX000121
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.