WS Packaging Group, Inc. Press Operator in Mason, Ohio
The Press Operator I role is responsible for the set up and operation of single and multi-color printing presses in accordance with the printing specifications and customer requirements/expectations.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ability to manage and run presses assigned for Press Operator I level.
- Ensures that product is printed according to specifications.
- Reviews job tickets and verifies that required materials are available and used as specified.
- Performs line clearance by following line clearance SOP.
- Pulls specifications, verifying accurate tooling, ink, material, and special instructions.
- Correctly sets up machine according to job specifications.
- Sets impressions and registrations.
- Loads the specified type of paper and adds ink
- Adjusts the press to the paper size and feeds the paper through the press cylinders
- Completes all start-up checks, verifies scan ability of any bar code, and seeks start approval.
- Completes in-process inspections; follows work instructions and control plan.
- Finishes job by verifying end to start approval.
- Closes out job by completing paperwork and placing in ticket with product.
- Properly fill out and complete all required paperwork for the job.
- Performs general maintenance to press.
- Follows 6S guidelines assigned to work area and surrounding areas.
- Forward any suggestions or concerns to TRP/Supervisor and work with him/her to improve your ability to run equipment proficiently, reduce waste, increase productivity, reduce set-up times, and/or any additional enhancements to help increase profit and through-put
- Participate in implementation of process improvement for internal/external customers through data collection, standardized procedures and teamwork.
- Report any necessary maintenance required on the press or auxiliary equipment to your TRP/Supervisor and fill out the required work order.
- Request help from your TRP/Supervisor in trouble-shooting, planning, and direction of jobs.
- Required to work 12 hour shifts; required to work weekends as scheduled on a regular or as-needed basis.
Duties may be changed or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), Technical degree in printing preferred. Requires a minimum 3 - 6 months of relevant experience in press operation in a manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written/verbal interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to read, write, and comprehend instructions and SOPs in English. Must be able to present information to team.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail and word processing.
- Set up, operate, and perform preventative maintenance on press.
- Basic leadership skills required to give support associates simple directions.
- Read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
- Read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, and work instructions.
- Pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Maintain good attendance.
- Willing to work overtime as needed.
- Willingness to be a cross-functional employee that can work with multiple teams within the organization to achieve success.
- Capable of devising multiple alternative solutions based on limited assumptions and information.
Works in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. May, on a continuous basis, stand/walk for up to 12 hours per shift as well as stoop and kneel frequently. May handle, feel and reach for items in and around press area, also write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting and/or move up to 40 lbs. may be required. Vision: close vision, distance and color vision to distinguish color variations, peripheral and depth perception as well as the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Must be able to work overtime as required by workload and customer mandated deadlines.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition Number: 17-0712
Title: Press Operator
Post Date: 10/9/2017
Shift: 12 Hours