Macy's Martinsburg, WV - Macy's Logistics: Manager, Operations(Sun - Wed 5:30 PM-3:30 AM) in Martinsburg, West Virginia
* Job Overview: *
Macy's Logistics & Operations provides outstanding customer service. We are conducting a search for a talented full-time Manager, Fulfillment Operations, motivated to assist the Director to provide leadership to the entire fulfillment function. Oversee all aspects of the fulfillment operations (packing, shipping, stock, receiving, returns, maintenance) in support of company profit objectives and customer service goals. Perform other duties as needed
Essential Functions: *
• Responsible for the management of fulfillment operations including but not limited to staff communications, staff balancing and work assignments, work scheduling and processing, throughput levels, and processing standards. • Responsible for the management of departmental budgets. • Responsible for ensuring that departments meet or exceed performance requirements in the areas of safety, shortage, cost control, quality, processing standards, flexibility, reliability, customer service and execution to plan. • Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives. • Work with other Distribution Center Managers to reduce damage issues. Identify problem items and develop solutions. • Develop, maintain and monitor all accuracy, service and quality programs to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. Develop and monitor training programs and ensure staff understanding of programs. • Manage and develop direct reports toward individual growth and performance excellence. • Ensure consistent, thorough timely communication to subordinates, peers and senior management. • Write and conduct performance appraisals for staff. • Provide a safe work environment for staff. Develop and enforce safe work practices. • Monitor departments’ performances in the productivity incentive program. Work with staff to achieve goals. Interface with Work Standards Coordinator to ensure integrity of program. • Interface with Data Processing as primary user on systems development and refinement to improve operations, productivity and service levels.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Required (Word, Excel, Lotus Notes)
Communication Skills: *
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Mathematical Skills: *
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Reasoning Ability: *
- * • Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. • Excellent organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills. • Must possess exceptional leadership skills.
- Physical Demands: *
- * • This position may involve stooping, kneeling, climbing, crouching, as well as regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. • Requires ability to distinguish color, involves close vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other Skills: *
- * • Financial background • Ability to make sound decisions and manage several processes in a fast paced • environment. • Challenges status quo. • Interpersonal competencies to include: integrity and trust, adaptability, leadership, motivation ability, coaching and mentoring skills, and initiative. • Business and intellectual competencies to include: industry understanding of warehouse management, negotiation skill, strategic and tactical planning skill, problem analysis skill, staff development skill, written and oral communication skill, and creativity. • Ability to successfully supervise/execute multiple projects simultaneously. • Must possess a management style that empowers and motivates others to achieve a common set of goals.
- Work Hours: *
- * • Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-West Virginia-Martinsburg
Job: Direct to Consumer/Fulfillment
Req ID: LOG06380