Green Plains Renewable Energy, Inc. Process Operator in Madison, Illinois
Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded Fortune 1000, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, cattle feed lot operations, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company and the second largest consolidated owner of ethanol production facilities in the world. Green Plains, through our wholly owned subsidiary Fleischmann’s Vinegar Company, also provides specialized ingredient solutions for leading food and feed manufacturers.
Summary:**This position requires accurate and accountable performance of all necessary duties to ensure safe and efficient operations in the fermentation and distillation areas of the facility. This position works under the immediate supervision of the Operations Manager and functionally reports to the Team Leader at the location.
Job Summary:**This position requires accurate and accountable performance of all necessary duties to ensure safe and efficient operations in the fermentation and distillation areas of the facility. This position works under the immediate supervision of the Operations Manager and functionally reports to the Team Leader at the location.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Learn all facets of the ethanol process including: cook, distillation, evaporation, dryers, thermo oxidizer, centrifuges, grain system, and water treatment.
- Learn and operate DCS (computer control system) for the plant.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for plant start-up, shut down, cleaning and batching.
- Stay within operating parameters set by Plant/Production Manager and notify management of any production problems.
- Keep accurate and timely logs.
- Collect samples and do the necessary tests to ensure consistent and quality product and record results.
- Monitor and make adjustments on the (DCS) computer according to the results of the samples and to keep within parameters and record changes.
- Keep facility, control room, and break room clean including mopping and hosing down plant floors – tour ready conditions.
- Keep operators, coming on shift, briefed on what has happened and what is supposed to be done during the next shift.
- Work closely with maintenance and inform them of any mechanical problems.
- Communicate with the Laboratory and learn testing procedures including but not limited to yeast counts, microwave analyzer, HPLC, and the GC.
- Responsible for notifying Production/ Plant Manager of any production problems.
- Complete any and all tasks assigned by the Plant Manager/Production Manager.
- Help out in other areas as needed.
- 12 hour shift work including a three day weekend every other week. Day and Night positions available.
- Available occasionally for call in work and overtime.
- Participate in safety programs and ongoing training sessions.
- Required to follow all safety procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
- Be able to operate utility vehicle.
- Must be hard working and self-motivated
- Detail-oriented; proficiency for accuracy; dependable; positive attitude; team player.
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of assigned projects.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- No experience necessary.
- Experience in industrial production plants helpful.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and steps, lift up to 60 lbs, and work at heights.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
- The employee will regularly be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including business casual work environment, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Requisition Number: 17-0220
Title: Process Operator
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: 12 Hour - Rotating
Post Date: 7/31/2017