Amazon.com Senior Outbound Operations Manager (Europe) in Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Since 1995, Amazon has focused on being “the world’s most customer centric company.” Our customers are worldwide, and include not just consumers, but also our Sellers and Vendors. World-class retail brands and individual Sellers increase their sales and reach new customers by leveraging the power of the Amazon e-commerce platform.
Over 2 million sellers offer new, used, and collectible selections to Amazon customers around the world.
To meet our sellers’ needs, our smart, diverse, customer-obsessed employees are constantly innovating and building on new ideas.
Amazon is looking for strong Network Operations Specialists for his Amazon Global Logistics (AGL) new team.
AGL is dedicated to building, managing and operating a global logistics network that enables selection from anywhere in the world and delivers customer orders to anywhere in the world, cost effectively. As part of this strategy, we have established a locally based Amazon Global Logistics team in EU that is responsible for the performance of our carriers, related to international transportation of inbound purchase orders and outbound customer orders.
This local team has the responsibility to work in close collaboration with the Global Logistics team worldwide developing capabilities, products and carrier strategies that continue to improve our competitive position in our existing market places, between our market places, exports and also new geographies expansion. The local team will also be working very closely with the local Transportation and Operations team to leverage existing agreements, assets and capabilities to continue strengthening our product offering to our sellers and extend our reach to our customers across the world. The EU team will also have access to AGL teams globally, based in India, US, Japan, Singapore, Australia and China, ensuring that we continue to link our Origin capabilities with Destination needs to reduce transportation and shipping costs and improve our on time and in full performance metric and or delivery promise.
This role is responsible for leading a team to manage daily activities of the international cross border operation for EU region by managing AGL-selected Logistics Service Providers (LSP) that fulfill export services for Amazon and other Amazon subsidiaries
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Leadership: Establish and lead a team that manages international operation. Foster strong and positive team spirit and develop team capability to deliver outstanding performance.
· KPI owner: Own import operations KPI and metrics. Proactively manage the in-scope metrics such as C2D, EAD, PDD, CPU.
· Cost Reduction: Identify and drive cost reduction opportunities for export operations via improved LSP efficiency and reduced ad hoc charges. Drive or support procurement team’s sourcing of relevant LSPs.
· Risk Management: Develop annual volume forecast and peak plan. Solve for capacity and capability issues ahead of the needs. Drive LSPs’ service reliability and flexibility. Identify at-risk operations and develop/execute contingency protocol to minimize service failures.
· Lane/product strategies: Ensure cross functional alignment with import & export operation strategy, including FBA Exports and FC Transfers. Propose or support relevant new lane and new product launches that add values to customers and/or Amazon. Jointly design and implement optimal operation models for different countries and service level agreement (SLA). Seek synergies in these varieties for operational efficiency gain.
· Carrier Management: Ensure that carriers perform to agreed operating standards and that volume allocations to the carriers are managed accordingly. Where carriers are not performing this is to be escalated to the Procurement team to address contractually.
· Communication: Communicate operation and program status, risks, and propose resolutions to key stakeholders. Work closely with upstream and downstream teams, as well as other cross functional teams to identify and remove systematical failures to improve consistency and precision of the AGL service commitment to internal and external clients.
· Ops/Tech SME: As the SME for the import operation, possess deep understanding how business requirements are delivered by Amazon’s tech solutions. Serve as SME for GTN and XBTMS. Provide BRD or feature requests to ensure tech support for relevant operations scalability.
The position will be ideally located in Luxembourg, Amazon EU headquarter, but there is flexibility to evaluate other EU destinations.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in supply chain, import/export management, trade compliance, or similar field
· 5+ years managerial experiences with proven positive influences and delivery of high quality results.
· Expert knowledge in major trade lanes and core cross-border ship modes (ocean, air, express parcel). Working knowledge of landside operations, customs regulation, tariffs, rates, and carrier management. Proven track record to manage vendors and third party logistics providers to drive their performance.
· Ability to deal with ambiguities, conflicting priorities and multi-cultural environment. Work under pressure and aggressive timelines.
· Strong analytical thinking, ability to convert strategy to operation, continuous improvement capability, project management skills, sensitivity to details, and exceptional organizational skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to peers and senior leadership teams.
Preferred qualification (additional)
· Advanced degree (MBA, MS) in supply chain, import/export management, trade compliance, or similar field
· 2+ years of experiences with Amazon in FC, supply chain, NA inbound scheduling or transportation
· Multi-language skills is preferred (Chinese, German, Italian, Spanish or French)
Explore our website – check out the stores, read some customer reviews and learn about our programs. You can also visit our investor relations and PR sites to have a look at our last annual report and read recent announcements about partnerships and product launches.
Yes, we’ll expect a lot of you and we’ll stretch you constantly with all sorts of challenges. But you’ll never feel like you’re going it alone. We’ll give you all the help you need to do the best job possible and encourage you to develop every day. Plus you’ll be part of a supportive team, working with colleagues, learning from them and collaborating to get the job not just done, but done brilliantly. And with all of us behind you, you’ll achieve more than you ever thought.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
AMZR Req ID: 513024
External Company URL: www.amazon.com