Vermont Department of Labor Production Line Operator/Material Handler in LUDLOW, Vermont
This job was posted by https://www.vermontjoblink.com : For more information, please see: https://www.vermontjoblink.com/ada/r/jobs/483703 The Production Line Operator / Material Handler position(s) performs repetitive assembly operations using hand tools and operates associated machinery and equipment to assist in the manufacturing and assembly of JELD-WEN products including, but not limited to Interior Doors.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Gathers the necessary materials, uses the appropriate hand tools, and operates applicable machinery and equipment in the various plants to support the assembly floor and the finished product while achieving production goals, quotas and objectives;
* Assists in the assembly operations as directed by management to achieve the goals and objectives of JELD-WEN
* Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to appropriate plant personnel including, but not limited to, Group Leaders, or Group Managers or quality control personnel
* Labels finished products to match appropriate paperwork
* Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations per plant policies and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines
* This includes, but is not limited to, the use of safety glasses, ear plugs, masks, pants, close toed shoes, and associated safety equipment in order to be on the plant floor and assemble the product, and perform the job duties in a safe and efficient/effective manner; Reports unsafe conditions to appropriate supervision
* Performs other duties as assigned by management.
* Perform repetitive type assembly functions using hand or power tools, and applicable machinery and equipment to assist in the assembly of the JELD-WEN product line
* Retrieve raw materials, semi-finished, and finished products for proper assembly; Must check the quality of material pulled from raw stock and manufactured materials, and assure correct type, amount, and appropriate dimensions for assembly
* Places materials and parts in specified relationship to each other