Waste Management Gas Plant Operator-Relocation Assistance Available in Louisville, Kentucky
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
With more than 130 energy projects using naturally occurring landfill gas to power homes and businesses, WM Renewable Energy produces over 550 megawatts of electricity every year – enough to power more than 440,000 homes. This is equivalent to offsetting over 2.2 million tons of coal per year.
I. Job Summary
Responsible for management and operation of the landfill gas pipeline processing and delivery/equipment facility.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring safe working conditions and environmental compliance.
- Responsible for all housekeeping and landscaping duties to maintain WMRE standards of building and grounds appearance. This includes all janitorial duties to be completed by plant manager.
- Responsible for administering WMRE operations policies.
- Responsible for repairs and maintenance on all facility gas processing plant equipment. Any 3rdparty repairs must be approved by WMRE Operations Manager in advance.
- Assist well-field technician to maintain compliance in well field and flares and provide backup coverage.
- Communicates timely with WMRE operations managers regarding plant status in addition to weekly reporting of plant related issues.
- Notifies WMRE and appropriate site personnel immediately of any adverse conditions affecting plant output.
- Communicates regularly with Market Area Gas Operations Mgr (MA-GOM), Site Manager and site Gas Coordinator regarding scheduled plant maintenance, compliance or well-field issues.
- Must be available 24/7/365 for plant emergencies or have suitable backup.
- Responsible for all administrative duties including proper reporting of plant output and performance in a timely manner consistent with WMRE reporting guidelines. This includes P-Card reconciliation, PO Management, scheduling of maintenance, health and safety updates and hazardous waste inspections and documentation.
- Responsible for all gas condensate management activities.
- Schedule and conduct plant tours as necessary to support good community relations
- Completion of special assignments/tasks as required by WMRE Operations Manager, Market Area Gas Operations Manager or Site Manager.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
A. Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- 2-5 years experience diagnosing and repairing compressor and refrigeration systems
- 2-5 years diagnosing and repairing Cat Gas Engines
- Must be able to diagnose and repair DC circuits 12/24 volts.
- Basic knowledge of 120/240/480 3ph volt AC circuits.
- Understand concepts of 4160 volt circuits
- Must be familiar with basic principles of building maintenance.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Must have valid driver’s licenseC. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 100 lbs.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% with overnight stays.
- Basic competency in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) Most of the day.
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements Most of the day.
- Normal setting for this job is: shop/landfill environment.
Title: Gas Plant Operator-Relocation Assistance Available
Requisition ID: 17006785