Rain for Rent Operations Supervisor in Long Beach, California
Post Date: 7/18/2016
Title: Operations Supervisor
City: Long Beach
Part Time: No
Travel Required: No
Requisition Number: 16-0340
Description: What we do:
Rain for Rent moves water every day. We are the leading provider of temporary liquid handling solutions and are known for our systems engineering expertise, ability to tackle complex jobs cost effectively, and providing high value to organizations with critical
liquid management issues. Our experienced teams, backed by skilled engineers, are continually working to redefine what is expected from a liquids handling provider by developing new equipment and harnessing technology for the most demanding environments. Our
Rain for Rent solutions exceed customers’ expectations for service and quality for their water-handling, irrigation and temporary liquid-storage problems. We strive to effectively and efficiently complete projects safely, on time and the right the first time.
•Rain for Rent is Liquid Ingenuity
Rain for Rent’s employees are proud to work for this family owned business which has been in business for more than 80 years. We are committed to providing consistent, quality products and services to customers across the U.S., Canada and the UK from more than
65 locations. Honesty and integrity are valued at Rain for Rent and employees are committed to exceeding expectations for service and quality to our customers.
In this important role, you will provide assistance to Branch Management team with supervising branch, yard operations and employees to ensure customer expectations for product, operations, delivery, and installation and pick up are being met or exceeded.
• Assist Branch Management with all aspects of Branch operations including Safety, Sales, Order fulfillment, product delivery and customer service
• Supervises daily yard operation such as welding, fitting fabrication, and general labor tasks required for timely delivery, installation, and pickup of Company products
• Plans and schedules all deliveries, installations, and equipment returns in conjunction with the Branch Management.
• Maintain adequate rental inventory levels of fittings, pipe, pumps, tank parts and equipment necessary to satisfy customer demand
• Maximizes the utilization of Company assets by minimizing inventory and equipment down time
• Assures the maintenance and repair of rental fleet, trucks, trailers, forklifts, as well as any other yard machinery
• Conduct regular safety meetings with subordinates
• Accurate, timely and positive interaction with customers and personnel
• Earning a competitive base salary and annual and participating in excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and a robust 401k plan
Requirements: Required Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 1-3 years related experience with hydraulics, mechanics, pumping, irrigation system and water handling
• Valid drivers license and ability to operate company vehicles
• Must be at least 21 years old
• Associate's degree (A. A.) from technical school
• Minimum 3 months supervisory experience preferred
• Minimum 6 months experience working in oil and gas, industrial, agricultural or equipment rental industries
• Minimum 6 months of experience with hydraulics, mechanics, pumping, irrigation system and water handling products
• Minimum 6 months of experience with trucking regulations, Department of Motor Vehicles and Department of Transportation regulations
What we offer:
• Advancing your career through company provided training and development
• A competitive base salary and bonus
• Employees also participate in excellentBenefitsincluding: Medical, dental, vision and a robust 401k plan
When you join the Rain for Rent team, you will have the opportunity to make friends in the course of doing good business and can contribute positively to your community. The choice is easy. Join the Rain for Rent team today.
Rain for Rent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other
statuses protected by law.