Technicolor Workflow Management System Operator in London, United States
Technicolor is currently looking to fill a unique position that draws on the skills of a Dailies Operator or Conform Grade Assist. The role involves operation of our recently launched automated workflow management system Pulse and is based in our Post Production operation in Soho, London.
Working at Technicolor is about helping to create iconic visual experiences that are remembered by generations. It’s about being creative, contributing to work that will be seen by millions and working with the very best content creators in the theatrical and broadcast industry.
Based in the heart of Soho, Technicolor’s Lexington Street studio is a state-of-the-art post production facility which prides itself on its exceptional creative talent. With over 100 years of heritage and experience, we have worked on everything from big-budget blockbusters to cutting edge broadcast dramas and much more.
EXPECTATIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
Conduct testing on current/new features and bug fixes
· Be first/second line support for issues
· Help the Pulse UK Team to accurately capture and communicate feature requests to
Pulse LA Team
· Help the Pulse UK Team to accurately capture and implement client setup/requirements
· Work with the Pulse LA QA manager on QA procedures and as part of that conduct testing
after weekly system updates
· Work with Pulse LA Team inc QA manager to set up a comprehensive test project that covers
all live project testing requirements
· Work directly with Pulse Dev team on a technical level (formats, colour, workflow etc.)
· Work with local teams on a technical level e.g. DFE I/O, DI Editors and work with Post Coordinator/
· Administrate UK Pulse Jobs – Pulse Admin/Aspera Shares Admin (possibly IO task TBC)
· Supporting UK Pulse Jobs – Part of 1st Line Support team
· Supporting local teams – DI/Broadcast Producers, VFX etc.
· Internal training
· Documenting procedures and processes
· Working with DFE & i/O to create TK receipts, apply ALE Metadata to newly ingested OCF &
performing sanity checks
· Pulse task queue wrangling ‐ Changing priorities based on client needs (Based on tools
· Monitoring Pulse – Ensuring smooth day to day running (Based on tools becoming available)
· Bug/Feature Tracking – Accurately capturing and report bugs/communicating feature
· Working with US Team ‐ Improve and maintain Pulse and stay up to date with
developments/issues, including testing new builds.
· Working with local teams – Keep local teams informed of issues/developments affecting live
Hours of Work: Given the involvement with the US Support and development team for Pulse, this
will be an afternoon‐evening shift pattern to allow for the relevant interactions to occur.
Good technical knowledge of Digital Dailies activities with deep knowledge of camera
formats along with the associated colour and metadata management including
· Good technical knowledge of Editorial and Conform activities including EDL / ALE
manipulation, Conforms etc.
· Good understanding of Data & I/O Operations including LTO formats and operation
· Good understanding of VFX Pulls and the associated colour management BLG, CDL, LUT etc.
· Good understanding of (and interest in) digital production workflows used on high end
feature and broadcast projects
· Problem Solver
· Attention to detail
· Good communication skills
· Experience of Monitoring/Reporting/Ticketing Tools a bonus
· Experience of dealing with high profile clients
External Company Name: Technicolor USA, Inc.
External Company URL: http://www.technicolor.com/