NBC Universal Operations Team Assistant in London, United Kingdom
Job Number 35611BR
Job Title Operations Team Assistant
Business Segment Global Distribution and International
Sub-Business International Studios
Posting Category Administrative Support
About Us NBCUniversal International Studios is headed by Michael Edelstein, President, and headquartered in London. The division’s mandate is to identify and collaborate with cutting edge creative talent around the world to produce high-quality scripted and unscripted drama, comedy, entertainment and factual entertainment programmes.
International Studios has significantly expanded its stable of production companies via acquisition and strategic partnerships, and works with a range of leading and award-winning producers and production companies to develop programmes that appeal to local and global audiences.
International Studios’ UK-based production companies include: Carnival, maker of The Last Kingdom for BBC2 and creator of the Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning drama sensation Downton Abbey, one of the UK’s biggest TV exports of all time; Monkey Kingdom, which specialises in entertainment programmes and produces the hit UK reality series Made in Chelsea; Chocolate Media, a factual/entertainment production company; Lucky Giant, a comedy label and maker of the forthcoming series Quacks for the BBC; and Working Title Television, a joint venture with Working Title Films’ Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner, producer of shows such as London Spy for the BBC and You, Me and the Apocalypse for Sky.
International Studios announced the founding of Heyday Television in 2015, a joint venture with award winning film producer David Heyman (Harry Potter, Gravity, Paddington) which is intended to produce premium, long-form scripted programming for both UK and US markets.
International Studios has a first look deal with Hardy Son & Baker (led by Tom Hardy, an international film actor, and his producing partner, Dean Baker) and owns Tellycopter, a research and development resource that sits alongside its production companies.
Outside the UK, NBCUniversal International Studios owns Australia-based Matchbox Pictures, producers of critically-acclaimed drama series The Slap, and co-owns LARK Productions in Canada, producer of long-running procedural Motive and Real Housewives of Vancouver.
International Studios also operates NBCUniversal Formats – a global format sales team which represents the international rights to a broad slate of programming, including reality, lifestyle, entertainment and scripted shows produced by NBC, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, Style, Syfy, G4, Carnival, Chocolate, LARK, Lucky Giant, Matchbox, and Monkey Kingdom. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Career Level Entry-Level
Country United Kingdom
State/Province - -
The role will report to and primarily support, the Head of Business and the Business Team as well as the Head of Production (the “Team”).
The successful applicant will look after the administration of the Team. In particular, the role will include:
• Providing day to day administrative support, ad hoc secretarial support including diary and meeting management, preparing all necessary documentation for the same, filing hard copies and maintaining hard copy files and systems on a weekly basis, email monitoring, filing and mail and call management
• Organising weekly team meetings including relating paperwork
• Making travel arrangements and collecting travel documentation and receipts
• Preparing and processing expense reports, ensuring timely settlement of expenses and credit card activity
• Organising events, including planning and coordinating of all elements necessary
• Helping set up new starters in the Team and working with HR, IT, Facilities and other relevant central teams to ensure smooth management of new and departing team members
• Overseeing invoice management with the Finance team and tracking contractual payments for Carnival’s records and reconciling the same
• Assisting with deal closings, coordinating signatures, ensuring all paperwork is filed and circulated to relevant parties and internal systems updated
• Co-ordinating with internal and external parties on behalf of the Team and acting as the key point of contact for internal teams (e.g., Distribution, Consumer Products, HR, Facilities, IT and Finance (for invoice related issues)) as well as external parties such as Agents, Broadcasters, third parties advisors etc
• Issuing third party licences for the use of stills and clips from the Carnival production portfolio
• Co-management of the Runner scheme, including recruitment and any day to day management requirements to maintain a meaningful and collaborative scheme
The role requires someone who:
• has emotional intelligence and professionalism and is genuinely approachable, understanding and dynamic
• inspires trust in others and is a good ambassador for the Team and company as a whole
• strives for the best and is solutions-orientated
• is able to work with a diverse team from creative and production personnel through professional advisers, marketeers, HR, PR, distribution, sales, tax and finance
• is autonomous and readily assumes responsibility
• is self-motivated and a natural multi-tasker
• is highly organised, fast and efficient
• presents clearly and gets to the point
• committed/dedicated to the Team, the business of production and will go the extra mile
• computer literate with specific strength in Excel, Word and data management systems
The candidate must be able to demonstrate as much of the above through their CV (both in respect of professional path and extra curricular achievements) and in interview
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Clickto view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.