Citi Investment Operations & Transactions Banking Manager in London, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Operations
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17056297
The purpose of this role include
• Responsible for the IPB / UKC Operations Functions of CASS reporting. Liaison with Citi CASS Office and work closely with regulators and third party auditors
• Leading IPB and UKC teams on all Operational processes within Investments and remittances
• Oversight and management of support team of around 50 people in TCS
• Liaising with external entities FCA/OCC for Regulatory Audits and reviews
• IPB EMEA and UK Consumer Operations operate in a completely distributed model with operations processes outsourced across 9 geographical locations.
• Vendor cost constitute nearly 40% of overall operations cost.
• Core Operations processes are outsourced to Tata Consultancy Services or alternate with complete oversight and governance functions maintained in UK
• This position is based within Operations team in London. Operations team is a strong 140+ member team spread across London, Jersey and India..
• This role would act as a back-up for the Operations head.
Responsible for Oversight of CASS Operations including:
a) Manage timely and accurate submission of CMAR returns on a monthly basis
b) Any new CASS Implementations / Changes are adhered by the business. Ensuring all downstream operations process and completely in line with existing regulations and new changes
c) Represent IPB and UKC in all CASS Governance meetings
d) Ensure any breaches impacting CASS are reported and corrective action is implemented in timely manner
• Work closely with Sales, Citiphones and Complaints department in ensuring the customer experience (pertaining to remittances) is always kept to best
• Provide effective oversight of TCS dealing with Remittances, Investments Operations. Ensure their performance adhere to SLA in terms of accuracy and timelines.
• Ensure all the queries and customer instructions, that come through various channels, are completed within SLA and utmost accuracy levels.
• Responsible for continuous process reviews (and adherence to process) and improvements in Remittances and reconciliation.
• Responsible for ensuring the operations expenses is within the budget. Responsible for meeting business target of Operational saves in these areas.
• Identify new opportunities for process improvements and improve the efficiency and control environment
• Driving Synergies - Ensure operational process between IPB and UKC are completely aligned and synergies are derived in terms of efficiency and cost..
• Manage team of Operations Assistants responsible for CASS, Investments, Remittances Operations. Promotes teamwork. Find ways to develop team through mentoring and management. Sets challenging goals, regularly monitoring progress and making adjustments to achieve objectives - focus on controlled environment, customer experience and cost
• Business Partners and Vendors: Manage relationship with CASS Office, Clearing partners and TCS
• Liaison with internal / external auditors for any audits relating to CASS, Investments, remittances operations
• Represent Operations in Critical business initiatives and ensure the deliverables are provided in timely manner. Ensure all the downstream process and trainings are adequately taken care.
• Change Control – Ensure all changes are adequately documented, communicated through CIB and training provided to the team in London, Jersey and TCS
• Ensure the training materials and procedures notes are up-to-date. Ensure compliance with operational procedures and regulatory controls are adhered to at all times
• Ensure all the risks are documented in MCA and deliverables are provided in timely manner. Ensure MCA breaches are minimised
• Represent Operations in Business Recovery meeting on all issues relating to remittances
• Ensure training of new staff and regular refreshers
• Provide continual support for other team members in order to meet common team and project goals
• Establish effective relationship with other Operational team – Account Opening and Fulfilment, Control OPS, Reporting, COB, Record Management, Fraud, Complaints and Citiphones. Act as back-up to these team leaders where relevant.
• Adherence to SLA on transaction processing
• Adherence to regulatory requirements
• Reduction in Problem Incidence, resolution of problems within established SLA’s
• Improvement in customer satisfaction scores
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and growing business. Role also offers unique opportunity to influence the strategy of business in remittances area. Role allows working with diverse business areas, obtaining a detailed understanding of processes, systems, controls and regulatory environment.
• Significant experience in Banking and Wealth Management Operations and Branch Operations
• Strong knowledge of CASS rules
• Experience of managing a team.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision within a team environment
• Candidate should have evidence of using effective planning and organizing skills in a previous role.
• Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
• People management/development skills
• Excellent presentations, communication and networking skills.
• Good time management skills
• Ability to work well under pressure – demonstrating flexibility and the ability to tolerate ambiguity in a fast moving multi-tasking environment.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Client focus – instinctive approach to match the business expectations towards client experience with process changes.
• Strong decision making skills – using a high level of judgment to arrive at clear decisions.
• Project management experience
• Minimum Degree Qualification
• Adaptive to change in a continually changing business environment.
• Focus on People:
o Influencing and Persuasiveness
o Building Relationships
• Client Focus
• Mature Professional disposition.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer