Newell Brands Assistant Manager Trade Marketing Planning & Operations in London, United Kingdom
Position title: Assistant Manager Trade Planning & Operations EMEA
Location: London (Hammersmith), UK
Reports to: Manager Trade Planning & Operations EMEA
Based in our dynamic and fast growing London office (Hammersmith) the Assistant Trade Planning & Operations Manager (ATPOM) will work closely with the Manager Trade Planning & Operations and cross functional teams on the development of internal processes for best-in-class management and internal execution of customer plans within the Writing segment to ensure alignment to overall company goals. Includes gaining cross-functional knowledge of operational and financial processes to appropriately integrate plans into monthly and quarterly planning sessions, while identifying and solving for gaps. This position will help track all customer plans, as well as assist in the development of tools such as playbooks, while ensuring these items are effectively communicated internally and kept consistent and comprehensive throughout the year to drive for growth for Newell and our retail partners.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Identifies and recommends ways to increase efficiency and organizational agility across cross functional teams, including ways of working
• Contributes to the launch and governance of key systems and processes to the sales and operations teams.
• Responsible for developing and updating scorecards and other performance trend analyses
• Responsible for developing and updating activation tools
• Serves as the owner for the EMEA Trade Operations SharePoint site, ensuring that process documents and other resources are consistently up to date and accessible to all EMEA customer teams.
• Partners with the Sales and Operations teams to coordinate and organize key deliverables to executive leadership
• Drives ad-hoc projects and performs analyses that involve collaborating with and managing teams from Development and Delivery functions.
• Actively seeks and implement process improvement initiatives where significant and measurable efficiencies can be achieved.
• Participates in annual customer planning and strategy discussions.
• Contributes to the building capabilities initiatives for Sales and Trade, proposing new opportunities to encourage the education and sharing of best practices across the teams.
• Supports the planning process and makes recommendations on the metrics that best align with annual company plans.
• Support the build out and implementation of centralized processes in order to gain efficiencies throughout the Trade organization. Ultimately resulting in a team of subject matter experts in a center of excellence.
• Identify and disseminate best practice recommendations within various sub-categories
• Provide input into customer planning processes and ensure data consistency across all sales teams.
• Advise on the various impacts of business decisions on different channels
• Synthesize large amounts of data (e.g. Invoice, POS, Inventory, etc.) for internal presentation purposes.
• Partner with CDO to manage pipeline of customer planning, bringing both a customer and operational perspective to the process
• Manage flow of information and requests from Sr. Management, CDO, business segments, etc.
• Prioritize and resource projects effectively.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
• Ability to prioritize and resource projects effectively
• Bachelor's degree (emphasis in business/marketing or related field)
• 1 year of experience working with a leading CPG company (Channel Marketing, Sales or related position)
• Strategic thinking, self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive deadlines
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Existing knowledge of Newell Brands’ established Marketing process, systems and operational management a significant advantage
What we can offer you!
Newell Brands is a global company with a lot of opportunities, both internationally and locally and we encourage development on a professional and personal level. You will be working with some of the best known brands in the world and you will have colleagues who are highly motivated and competent. You can count on their support to achieve the goals you are aiming for.
Are you interested?
If so, please apply by uploading your resume via our online application tool by clicking on the application link on this site.
Alternatively, go to our career site at jobs.newellbrands.com , select "Search Jobs", enter the Reference Code 1702690 , click “GO”, then click the name of the position and “Apply Now”.
You are allowed to attach up to five documents, max. size of 500 KB each.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker , Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play . Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Organization: Newell Brands - Writing
Title: Assistant Manager Trade Marketing Planning & Operations
Location: United Kingdom-England-London
Requisition ID: 307472