US Ecology Environmental Operations Manager in Livonia, Michigan
ABOUT US ECOLOGY
US Ecology, Inc. is a leading North American provider of environmental services to commercial and government entities. The Company addresses the complex waste management needs of its customers by offering treatment, disposal and recycling of industrial, hazardous and radioactive waste, as well as a wide range of complementary field and industrial services. US Ecology’s focus on safety, environmental compliance, and customer service, enables us to effectively meet the needs of our customers and to build long-lasting relationships. Headquartered in Boise, Idaho, with operations in the United States, Canada and Mexico, the Company has been protecting the environment since 1952.
Provide operational management of field personnel and Total Waste Management (TWM) contracts at various locations. Adhere to company and contractual requirements and ensure comprehensive regulatory compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Requires out of town/out of state travel. Length of travel will be dependent on contractual requirements and employee vacancies.
• Supervise the creation of contract implementation, operational plans emphasizing efficient and compliant contract management, cost reduction, profitability & new business opportunities.
• Ensure employees are trained and capable of adhering to company policies/procedures, financial reporting requirements, and competent in regulatory compliance.
• Develop systems to ensure sharing of best practices, developing, targeting and meeting performance goals, continuous improvement initiatives and creative recycling solutions.
• Participate in site walks/ evaluations for new business, quote preparation and review.
• Participate in customer sponsored collaborative opportunities (e.g. Supplier’s Partnership for the Environment, ROC Detroit, Supplier’s Safety Symposium), and ensure implementation of new customer corporate initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience in the Hazardous Waste Industry, management of 5+ employees, union environments
• CHMM preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES (SKA)
• To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have good interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude at all times with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients.
• The work is typically performed in a manufacturing setting and or office environment.
• In the course of advising or counseling managers, supervisors, and employees, the individual may encounter aggressive or unpredicted behavior.
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
**NO THIRD PARTIES OR RECRUITERS PLEASE.**