Siemens Engineering Operations Supervisor - Building Automation - Littleton, CO in Littleton, Colorado
Engineering Operations Supervisor - Building Automation - Littleton, CO
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 212436
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Littleton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this first line supervisory position manages between eight to twenty-two (8-22) engineers. The Engineering Supervisor will participate in the definition of semi-complex and complex DDC Controls projects, selecting appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solutions. The selected candidate will perform semi-complex processes and technical support to design, sales, and/or other departments. Prepares technical standards, and participates in completing semi-complex technology design theory and procedures.
· Supervises the activities and performance of all design engineering for installed work. Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for installed projects in assigned geographic area or location. Plans, organizes, directs and controls engineering activities for assigned projects. Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications and cost estimates. Supervises engineering activities including submittal preparation, material ordering, shipping, labor plans, job site walks, job folder updates and re-estimates.
· Provides direct employee mentorship, and is responsible for employee development within their group. Promotes, provides training for, and ensure implementation of engineering related division productivity tools.
· Actively coordinates engineering activity schedules with the Project Managers and Operations Managers to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments.
· Participates in or facilitates representation for the Project Manager to Field Work Force Project Turnovers.
· Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work. Provides monthly project estimates and assists in monthly forecasting. Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements with Project Managers and Operations Managers.
· Maintains and improves planned and executed margins for Solutions projects.
· Reviews customer feedback and ensures high customer satisfaction.
· Plan discrepancies or changes can be coordinated to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, bidding and operations phases of each project.
· Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Education:
· Requires two years of college or technical school resulting in an Associate's degree or equivalent.
· 5+ Years Experience in Engineering or Project Management of DDC Controls Systems and 3yrs supervisory experience
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Education:
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .