Union Pacific Sr Supervisor Supply Chain Operations, North Little Rock in Little Rock, Arkansas
Assist the Senior Manager Supply Operations in all supply chain activities, including inventory management, warehousing and distribution of materials, for internal customers. This includes direct support at a Supply operated facility and indirect support for any user run or supplier run facilities under the responsibility of the Sr MSO.
There is not a relocation package offered with this position.
- Support the safety process and meet safety business objectives.
- Assist in field operations at this Supply facility involving a $2.5MM annual operating budget and 24 employees.
- Ensure custodial responsibility of $59+MM in material inventory and $550+MM of annual usage at this Supply facility.
- Assist in the development of human resources through corporate/departmental training and education programs.
- Ensure that labor agreements are understood and administered according to company policy.
- Recommend capital improvements to facilities and material handling equipment at North Little Rock Supply locations.
- Analyze internal customer service performance and make recommendations for improvements.
- Assist in the development and leadership of cross-functional teams ensuring efficient and effective supply chain management activity.
- A Bachelor Degree BA in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering or Material Management related area.
- A Masters of Business Administration degree Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering or Material Management related area preferred.
- 3 year(s) experience in computer applications - Experience in Supply Material Management System.
- 3 year(s) experience managing people - Supervisory experience with agreement and/or non-agreement employees.
- 2 year(s) experience in Railroad operations - Experience in some facet of railroad supply management either within Supply or an internal customer group.
- 2 year(s) experience in Safety - Experience in safety processes.
- 3 year(s) experience in the Supply Department - Experience in Supply Chain Management, Warehousing/Distribution.
The Supply Department is the ultimate shopping trip with more than 7,000 stops and a $6 billion budget. The Supply team buys Union Pacific everything it needs, from locomotives to office supplies and computers to freight cars. Supply’s decisions have a direct and immediate impact on finances and operations.
Union Pacific is one of America’s premier transportation and logistics companies, linking 23 states in the western two-thirds of the country and serving many of the fastest-growing U.S. cities. Generations of Americans have built successful careers at Union Pacific and in the process, they’ve helped build a nation – delivering lumber for our homes, food for our tables, energy for our power plants and the countless raw materials and finished goods that supply the American way of life.
Location: Little Rock, AR
Closing Date: 11/01/2017 at 11:59 PM Central Time
Job Open To: External Candidates