Aon Corporation Benefits Operations Manager - Health and Welfare in Lincolnshire, Illinois
Alight Solutions is looking For A Health and Welfare Benefits Operations Manager
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Large Market Service Operations business group within Alight Solutions. As a Benefits Operations Manager (BOM) you should expect to have direct reports which include entry to mid- level on and off-shore colleagues. This role is open to candidates located in Atlanta, Bridgewater, Lincolnshire, Newport Beach, Norwalk, Orlando, Toronto or The Woodlands.
Your Impact As A Benefits Operations Manager
The Benefits Operations Manager (BOM) is accountable for managing operational performance for assigned client(s). This includes meeting and exceeding contractual performance standards and defined operational measures. The BOM is responsible for making sure that the all ongoing work is delivered timely and with quality to plan sponsors and plan participants. This includes project planning, scheduling and managing, capacity and utilization management, delegating work to meet deliverables, and tracking the status of outstanding work, using either onshore or offshore resources. The BOM is accountable for identifying process improvements that will lead to year-over-year efficiencies in the aligned client group’s operational workloads. The BOM is also a contact for client, Third-Party Administrators, as well as all internal Shared Services that impact ongoing operations.
- Collaborates with Benefits Implementation Manager (BIM) to ensure proper handoffs to operations team. Ensures processing documentation is accurate and complete.
- Tracks and improves capacity and utilization of resources.
- Reviews and signs off on escalated Benefits Analysts (BA) deliverables (e.g., data quality checks, client responses) to ensure ongoing adherence to standard operating procedures that ensures high quality and provides coaching and development of BAs to create aculture of continuous improvement.
- Reports system defects to Lead Systems Analyst (LSA) via defect submission process and collaborates with LSA to mitigate participant damage/risk.
- Adheres to standard operations management practices as outlined by the Client Delivery Group (CDG) Operations Manager.
- Monitors client operations dashboard measures to proactively identify impacts; identifies, plans, and manages process improvement projects to create year-over-year efficiencies in operations.
- Develops and delivers client-specific operational training.
- Provides client and third party administrator contact support for participant and/or processing-related issues.
- Provides complete and accurate client responses for participant and/or processing-related issues that are escalated to senior client contacts (i.e., Director or VP).
- Integrate operations resources with Customer Service resources to provide seamless participant resolution support with focus on participant experience.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 1+ years of Health and Welfare Benefits experience.
- 1+ years of operations experience.
- 2+ years of experience coaching and leveraging work through others.
- Knowledge of Total Benefits Administration (TBA) or comparable benefit delivery platform.
- Understanding of financials, budgeting, and cost benefit analysis.
- Health and Welfare Domain knowledge/experience.
- Six Sigma Lean knowledge and experience, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
At Alight Solutions, we are reimaging how people and organizations thrive. To deliver on this purpose, we do things differently. From company leaders to our newest colleagues, we all play a role in bringing our values to life. Every colleague shapes how Alight can become better, stronger and brighter – together. With technology as our catalyst and humanity at our core, we advance each day toward a better future in work and life.
About Alight Solutions
As the leading provider of benefits administration and cloud-based HR and financial solutions, we enhance work and life through our service, technology and data. Our 22,000 colleagues across 14 global centers deliver an unrivaled consumer experience for our clients and their people. We are Alight. Reimagining how people and organizations thrive.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Job number: 2017-15697
Category: Account Management / Brokerage / Insurance
Location: United States, IL, Lincolnshire