WestRock Press Operator in Lexington, Kentucky
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
101 Lexington Pkwy
Lexington, North Carolina, 27295
* G * * E * N E RAL P U R P O SE : Responsible fortheperformanceofmanual andmachinetasks in the setup, maintenance,andoperation ofsheet-fed offset press to accuratelyproduceproduct to customerspecifications.ENERALPURPOSE:Responsiblefortheperformanceofmanualandmachinetasks in the setup, maintenance,andoperation ofsheet-fedoffset press toaccuratelyproduceproduct tocustomerspecifications.
* ESSE * N T IAL JOB F UNC T ION S * : * NTIALJOBFUNCTIONS:
· Reads work orders to determinesetup specifications and instructions.Reads work orders to determinesetup specificationsand instructions.
· Starts machines and performs trial runs to verifyaccuracyofmachinesetups.Starts machinesand performs trialruns to verifyaccuracyofmachinesetups.
· Observesand monitors machineoperations to detect malfunctions and todetermine whether adjustments areneeded.Observesand monitors machineoperations to detect malfunctionsand todetermine whetheradjustmentsareneeded.
· Assures theimageis registered from unit to unit and runs samples to makeadjustments to assureprint qualityand colorsettings arein accordancewith densitometerreadings.Assures theimageisregisteredfrom unit to unitandruns samples to makeadjustments toassureprint qualityandcolorsettingsareinaccordancewith densitometerreadings.
· Follows all standard operatingprocedures relevantto thejob, position and department.Followsall standard operatingproceduresrelevantto thejob, positionanddepartment.
· Performs routine adjustments duringthepress runand maintain qualitythroughout the run.Performsroutineadjustments duringthepressrunand maintain qualitythroughout therun.
· Performs all assigned work effectivelyand on schedule.Performsallassigned workeffectivelyand onschedule.
· Accuratelyfollows instructions.Accuratelyfollows instructions.
· Maintains and records dailyproduction, usingspecified forms.Maintains andrecords dailyproduction, usingspecifiedforms.
· Records and amends production information in SFDC such as amount oftimespent on specific tasks.Records and amends production information in SFDC suchasamount oftimespent on specifictasks.
· Keeps workareaneat and clean.Keeps workareaneatandclean.
· Opens machinesand removes/replaces damaged product usinghand tools.Opens machinesandremoves/replaces damagedproduct usinghand tools.
· Ensures efficient operation of presses and related equipment performing preventive maintenance requirements according to operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions and established preventive maintenance schedules.Ensures efficient operation of presses and related equipment performing preventive maintenance requirements according to operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions and established preventive maintenance schedules.
· Understands and respects responsibilities of working in an SOP and cGMP environment.Understands and respects responsibilities of working in an SOP and cGMP environment.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with company safety rules, procedures and regulations.Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with company safety rules, procedures and regulations.
· Effectively communicates with and to management staff.Effectively communicates with and to management staff.
· Performs otherjob dutiesas assigned.Performs otherjob dutiesasassigned.
Q UALIFICATIONS :
· Must have5-7years ofrelated experience running, troubleshootingand performing qualitycontrol on apressofsimilarsize and complexity.Must have5-7years ofrelatedexperiencerunning, troubleshootingandperforming qualitycontrol on apressofsimilarsizeandcomplexity.
· Must havethe abilityto read and interpret documents such as safetyrules, operatingand maintenanceinstructions and proceduremanuals.Must havetheabilitytoreadand interpret documents suchas safetyrules,operatingand maintenanceinstructionsand proceduremanuals.
· Must demonstratebasiccomputerskills to do data entry.Must demonstratebasiccomputerskills to do dataentry.
· Must havethe abilitytoperform intermediatearithmetic (decimals, fractions, ratios, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, etc.).Must havetheabilitytoperform intermediatearithmetic(decimals,fractions,ratios,addition, subtraction, multiplication, division,etc.).
· Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
· Must be ableto reada ruler.Must beabletoreadaruler.
· Must be ableto do accuratework.Must beableto doaccuratework.
· Must demonstrate effectivedecision makingskills.Must demonstrateeffectivedecision makingskills.
· Must be ableto managetime effectivelyand independently.Must beableto managetimeeffectivelyand independently.
· Must be ableto maintain good attendance.Must beableto maintaingoodattendance.
· Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periodsMust be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods
· Must be ableto perform all essential functions ofthis job with orwithout reasonable accommodation.Must beableto performallessentialfunctions ofthis job with orwithoutreasonableaccommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.