EdR Executive Director of Housing Operations in Lexington, Kentucky
Tracking Code 876-843 Job Description
The University of Kentucky (UK) and EdR have partnered to provide state-of-the-art housing for UK students. This ambitious partnership has created just over 6,800 new beds for both undergraduate and graduate students. Together UK and EdR work as one to manage University of Kentucky Housing. Learn more about housing at the University of Kentucky at www.uky.edu/housing.
The Executive Director of Housing Operations (EDHO) provides the overall leadership for a comprehensive housing program. The EDHO works directly with the University of Kentucky, including residence life and auxiliary services, to support the University’s academic mission and strategic priorities. EdR is responsible for the facilities management of 14 buildings, with over 6,800 residence hall and apartment-style beds. The EDHO oversees approximately 25 fulltime employees, 30 summer conference student staff, and a multimillion dollar operating budget.
The EDHO serves as a direct link between UK, EdR, students and facility management and building operations. He/she is responsible for positively contributing to a high quality, living-learning residential experience for students. The EDHO provides leadership and direct supervision of area lead maintenance staff and area operations managers. The EDHO oversees the planning and implementation of the summer conference housing operation in accordance with overall program goals and objectives to ensure successful program delivery.
Specific responsibilities include the oversight of all budget and administrative activities, human resources, housing assignments, marketing, and facilities management. Specifically, the EDHO is responsible for departmental oversite of all maintenance and custodial operations for all EdR developed beds. The EDHO works alongside residence life to help support the student experience. The EDHO serves as liaison to the EdR Director of UK Construction, the University of Kentucky Physical Plant Division, and Aramark dining. He/she oversees summer camps and conferences. Additionally, the EDHO is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of departmental budgets. The EDHO is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating all student-focused systems and processes that support student retention, mirror institutional thinking, and support the operational and financial goals of EdR and Campus Housing.
- Directs, supervises, trains, and evaluates all staff managing facilities and maintenance, assignments, operations and customer service
- Works in partnership with UK, EdR, and other stakeholders to ensure successful facility management, operations, and occupancy
- Works with the director of UK construction to successfully manage new construction issues
- Attends weekly UK and EdR meetings
- Supports the development of FF&E; Inventories, Capital Improvement and Preventive Maintenance Plans
- Actively leads the preparation of the annual budgets and financial plan and the monthly maintenance and facilities forecasting
- Manages expenses and acts in a fiscally responsible manner
- Provides leadership, oversight, and supervision of the Summer Conference Housing program, including new business development, marketing, sales, facility preparation, and staff supervision
- Ensures the units and public spaces in the residence halls and apartments are clean, well maintained, and move in ready for students and conference groups
- Establishes long-range planning mechanism; represents the company and establishes a collaborative relationship with the University departments and partners
- Serves as EdR’s day-to-day communication point of contact with the University of Kentucky office of EVPFA
- Participations in various committees assigned by EdR or UK administration such as housing appeals committee, damage appeals, housing assignments, and others
- Works in collaboration with auxiliary services to ensure excellent experience for move-in and move-out of all on-campus housing facilities
- Assists with developing policies and processes to maintain maximum occupancy in EdR and UK premium residence halls and apartments
- Serves as EdR’s main point of contact at the housing assignments committee meetings
- Attends University preview nights, seeblueU orientations and other marketing events to ensure good public relations with parents and students and other UK departments as they relate to UK brand directed by UK public relations
- Follows the direction of UKPD and UK’s Fire Marshall as policies pertain to life safety
- Leads and/or organizes tours of residential facilities to ensure positive public relations for EdR and UK
- Works directly with the FIXIT office (24-7, 365-day call center) to receive and review reports to ensure job orders are being monitored and closed properly; and communicate with EdR and UK administration on maintenance issues or other areas of concern
- Assists with coordination and support of maintaining departmental operations during emergency and response
- Other duties as identified by EdR or UK
About the University of Kentucky:
The University of Kentucky is a public co-educational university in Lexington, Kentucky, which is about 80 miles south of Cincinnati and 200 miles northeast of Nashville. Founded in 1865 the University comprises 16 colleges, a graduate school, 93 undergraduate programs, 99 master programs, 66 doctoral programs, and four professional programs. UK has a total undergraduate enrollment of 22,705. The University of Kentucky has fifteen libraries on campus. The largest is William T. Young Library, a federal depository, hosting subjects related to social sciences, humanities, and life sciences collections.
For more information about UK, the four pillars of student success, and the strategic plan visit:
A leader in the collegiate housing industry since 1964, EdR is one of the largest developers, owners and managers of high-quality collegiate housing communities.
EdR is a self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT) publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: EDR). As a REIT, we create and own properties that will bring value to our portfolio and stockholders for a long time. Our projects are built to last and to be profitable for many years to come.
Formerly known as Education Realty Trust and, before that Allen & O’Hara, EdR set every standard for the collegiate housing industry for almost a half-century. Our deep understanding of our ever-evolving customer stimulates a constant stream of innovations and improvements, along with a portfolio of impressive developments across the United States.
EdR’s experienced and respected teams provide impressive facilities and valuable services to our customers — universities, residents (students, faculty and staff families) and owners. EdR is known for innovative solutions, financing and design as well as quality, long-lasting construction, sustainable buildings and successful management programs for our communities. With the experience of our rich history along with our creative, innovative team members and our deep financial capacity, EdR really is the very best in collegiate housing.
- Master’s Degree required, with 6-9 years of experience or training or a combination of experience/training in university and/or housing operations setting.
- Familiarity with database systems such as Yardi, StarRez, and SAP
- Budgetary experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills Job Location Lexington, Kentucky, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 876-843
Job Location: Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular