POET Operator I (Leipsic, OH) in Leipsic, Ohio
The Operator I is responsible for the operation of all plant processing equipment in a highly automated chemical facility. Operators are required to maintain knowledge of the process flow, computerized equipment and be aware of hazards associated with the process. The team member in this position is responsible for understanding and executing standard operating procedures and is expected to ensure proper response during normal and abnormal operating situations. Additionally, operators are responsible for communicating process events to both supervisors and on-coming shift team members. Continuous plant operation requires 12-hour shift work. Team member must be able to adapt to 12-hour workdays and be able to meet call-in requirements as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate and provide the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in production environment preferred.
- Working knowledge in math, reading comprehension and mechanical reasoning required.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
industrytype: Bio Fuels
careertype: Plant Operations