NV Employer VP Operations-New Home Construction in Las Vegas, Nevada
VP of Operations-New Home Construction
The Vice President of Operations New Home Construction will be a seasoned individual with demonstrated success and experience in developing and managing an operations department for a new home builder. This position requires leadership and attention to detail, combined with a proven track record.
- 10+ years of experience overseeing the operations of a new home builder.
- BS in Construction Management and/or Engineering preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Five years direct experience in progressively responsible positions with a production homebuilder.
- General Contractor license as applicable.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting Construction Documents
- Computer literacy.
- Formal OSHA training is preferred.
- Strong relationship skills.
- Strong self-organization skills.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to negotiate with contractors, external vendors and consultants
- Ensure that all construction positions are well staffed with individuals that are competent in technical abilities, cost control measures, administrative and customer service skills.
- Hire, train, manage and motivate direct reports on the operations team.
- Manage construction budgets on each home.
- Ensure that all shortages/overages on Construction Budgets are reported.
- Foster a team environment ensure that good communication, coordination of activities and effective problem solving occurs.
- Recruit and continuously evaluate subcontractors for quality standards and scheduling deadlines.
- Support land acquisition and development activities as needed.
- Review and approve progress payments for vendors and contractors.
- Ensure the understanding of and adherence to the safety program by all construction personnel.
- Monitor and ensure that the schedule is met on each home.
- Monitor and insure the success of the Quality Control process.