Sterling Global Operations, Inc. Range Coordinator, Target Operations in Las Vegas, Nevada
Reports to the Target Operations Manager and will be responsible for coordinating RSS II Target Operations throughout NTTR and LLTR. Position will maintain close communications with the RSS II Target Operations Manager, applicable Government and Range users reporting status of current Range Clean, target, and salvage activities and providing forecasted schedules supporting the NTTR mission. Duties will include managing target planning, procurement, processing and placement; range and road maintenance; range cleaning and UXO clearance; and range scrap demilitarization and recycling.
- Direct a unionized workforce, following collective bargaining agreements (CBA).
- Manage, schedule range target operations to meet contract requirements,
- Direct Range Maintenance personnel in range development and construction ensuring customer’s requirements are met, ranges are maintained in accordance with AF, environmental, State and DOD regulations, Instructions and Policies.
- Oversees all aspects of target planning and procurement to include interfacing with DRMO, outside vendors, and government supply procurement avenues to ensure range targets are available or placed on order to meet NTTR missions.
- Coordinate with NTTR to program targets and schedule maintenance activities to support NTTR mission activities.
- Develops a routine road maintenance schedule that is to be performed simultaneous with range cleans.
- Participate in NTTR Ice and Snow Removal meetings to ensure snow/ice removal activities are scheduled in accordance with NTTR mission priorities. Respond to emergencies posed by inclement weather.
- Respond to contract deficiencies in a timely manner
- Solid knowledge of target operation procedures and guiding USAF, DOD, ESOH, State, and governmental standards pertaining to range activities.
- Responsible to ensure quality control policies and procedures are adhered to to.
- Responsible for gathering all geographical data to maintain and update (GIS) system are provided to RSS II GIS Administrator.
- Interviews and recommends candidates for open positions.
- Establish training standards to enhance job performance of Target and Range Maintenance personnel for continuous improvement.
- Manage range salvage operations in accordance of Government requirements.
- Prepares performance appraisals as required.
- Issue disciplinary action as approved by Target Manager when appropriate.
- Ensure employees are aware of and use safe work practices.
- Versed in GIS software being utilized on this contract, survey, and target cover, concealment and deception techniques.
- 5-10 years DOD/Government target operations experience
- Experience in managing a unionized workforce with multiple CBAs
- Competent in PC and MS Office Software
- Must be knowledgeable and conversant in USAF and DOD Instructions for Range Target Operations; Range Scrap Processing and Recycling; and Range Clean and UXO clearance
- DoD Clearance (TS SCI) approval required
- Excellent verbal and written communication with audiences of all levels
- Management skills essential
- Must be able to create and maintain information databases
- Business requirements gathering and documentation
- Experience with Resource staffing and supervision
- Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Strong initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Associates Degree or higher
- USAF Target Operations Management Experience on an Operational and / or Test and Evaluation Range
- RSS II Customer Knowledge and Experience
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project, and MS Visio
- Proficiency in Collaboration toolsets (SharePoint) and Work Order Management Systems (MAXIMO)
- Proficiency in ArcGIS and Intranet Sites
- UXO Clearance and Range Clean Operations Proficiency – EOD or UXO Qualified
- Range Scrap Processing and Recycling Proficiency – EOD or UXO Qualified
- Expert Proficiency in Target Planning, Procurement, Processing and Placement
- Proficiency in low level radiological material processing (e.g. – depleted uranium)
- Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements dictated by project requirements
- Ability to work in harsh working conditions, outdoors, and/or in extreme temperatures
- Must be available to work outside the normal schedule when dictated by needs of the company
Must have a background that would permit the U.S. Department of Defense to issue a Top Secret Clearance with SCI access, which includes US Citizenship.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Janus is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Locations: US-NV-Las Vegas
# of Openings: 1
Posted Date: 8/10/2017