GeorgiaPacific Production Operator in Las Vegas, Nevada
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Production Operators - North Las Vegas, NV
Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the
right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
At Georgia-Pacific, we wont just offer you a job, well offer you a career that will allow you to learn and innovate as an individual and that will benefit your community. If you are someone who wants to work for a company that will value your skills and ideas, then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
Start your career as a Production Operator at our North Las Vegas, NV gypsum facility. This entry level position will work on a production line manufacturing wallboard that is trusted and used in residential and commercial construction throughout Las Vegas and the surrounding areas.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Ensuring that machines are set up properly and performing optimally
- Troubleshooting and making machine adjustments as needed
- Contributing to the sites safety record by ensuring the team works safely
- Driving forklifts to move finished wallboard to the warehouse
- Working as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Cleaning work area throughout assigned shifts to ensure an orderly and safe environment
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) months or more of experience within an industrial, manufacturing, production, construction, military or farming environment
- Willing and able to work a rotating shift that includes weekends, holidays and overtime
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for a minimum of twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Two (2) years or more of manufacturing experience
- Experience identifying, analyzing and troubleshooting quality issues
- Experience troubleshooting equipment
- Experience identifying and developing process improvement initiatives
- Experience operating heavy equipment to include but not limited to: forklifts, front end loaders, and bulldozers
- Experience working with construction materials i.e. lumber, gypsum, plaster, brick, insulation, etc.
- Experience using hand tools in the workplace to include but not limited to: rakes, shovels, hand saws, wrenches, and screwdrivers
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Our Georgia-Pacific North Las Vegas gypsum facility (www.gp-gypsum.com) produces a variety of gypsum wallboard products. Our facility is located off Interstate 15 about 25 minutes north from the center of Las Vegas.Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO