First Transit, Inc. Operations Supervisor (CDL) in Las Vegas, Nevada
Assistant General Manager and Night Operations Manager
Job Title(s) of Employees that Directly Report to this Position:
- Service Employee (Fueler / Washer)
Total Number of Employees (direct or through subordinates) Supervised by this Position:
Up to 120
Job Purpose: Operations supervisor is in charge of all day to day field operations. This includes the field direction
and guidance of all staff to maintain high levels of customer service and efficiency in a safe manner.
They are responsible for driver check in processes and assignment of work and mandatory overtime
assignment if needed.
- Demonstrates and promotes a safe team oriented environment at all times.
- Responsible for the check in process of drivers including adherence fitness for duty inspection, uniform and credential check and assignment of buses.
- Coordinates bus rotation and trips by the assignment of CSR personnel and vehicles.
- Monitors crowd volume and makes rotational adjustments to make sure passengers do not wait on the curb.
- Insures that drivers follow through with established bus rotation and customer service expectations.
- Observes safety practices of personnel and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Assists General Manager during training sessions and one on one meeting.
- Assist passenger with luggage when necessary
- May interact with airport officials on routine matters during your shift.
- Monitors break times for drivers and manage the process to insure all staff gets their entitled break time.
- Assists with dispatch supervisors when the need arises including wheelchair assistance calls to the appropriate providers.
- May manage location under the overall direction of the Contract Manager.
- Insures that system meets airport requirements as defined by contract.
- May participate in disciplinary actions including discharge meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience & Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possess a CDL Operator’s license with required endorsements
- Prior supervisor experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be available to work shifts that can start at any hour (24 hours).
- Must be able to work without direct supervision and in a team oriented environment.
- Must read and understand street signs, bus rotation and customer service plan and maps.
- Must have excellent communication skills and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate with passengers and supervisors including use of a
- two-way radio and PA system.
- Able to work all shift hours and days assigned.
- Computer Proficient
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to successfully complete dexterity test and DOT physical
- Physical requirements include:
- Pushing/Pulling Must be able to handle heavy wheelchairs and luggage.
- Lifting Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds of luggage on a repetitive basis.
- Walking Crossing lot, up and down bus loading area, around exterior of bus
- Sitting Up to 1-2 hours daily while driving a service vehicle
- Climbing In and out of a bus as the position steps in and out of bus on a constant basis during service
- Reaching Must be able to reach to assist drivers when necessary with luggage
- Handling Doors, knobs, switches, handles
- Hearing Detecting problems with passengers on bus, emergency vehicles,unusual engine noises
- Bending/Stooping/ Pre-trip inspection, applying tie-downs, sweeping, checking for sleeping
- Squatting passengers
- Seeing Driving, reading street signs, route sheets
- Talking Communicating with passengers, dispatch office and supervisors
- Dropping From emergency door to ground
- Standing Must be able to stand up to 8 hours during a shift
- Environmental Position is outdoors up to 8+ hours daily and position works in extreme heat (above 100 degrees) and cold (under 30 degrees). Has extensive exposure to direct sunlight and changing weather conditions
Required to wear all company designated and provided Protective Personal Equipment (PPE) daily
for duration of shift while in designated work areas.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.