Sterling Global Operations, Inc. GIS / Database Administrator, Target Operations in Las Vegas, Nevada
Dedicated GIS / Database Administrator who will report to the RSS II Target Operations Manager. This position includes establishing, maintaining, and updating Government compatible NTTR Target databases that reflect Range roads, targets, locations, target configurations, and road conditions.. This position will travel to multiple locations on the Nellis Test and Training Range to perform tasks associated with Target Operations.
- Accountable for the maintenance, development, and implementation of the RSS II GIS related documentation associated with Range Target Operations.
- Oversight of survey operations ensuring data quality.
- Produce, distribute, and/or assist with the development of work product and documentation in accordance with contract requirements for target operations.
- Perform GIS analysis, queries, searches, data manipulation and ensure integrity of data collected and how it is presented.
- Manages Target Operations database for accuracy, updating and in agreement with current target activities.
- Assists with planning, of Range Clean operations, updates database immediately as operations are completed.
- Assisting Target Operations Manager and Range Coordinators with administrative, logistical and operational issues as required.
- Assists in the development of routine maintenance schedule for road systems and ranges
- Understand and follow target operation to include but not limited to procedures, policies, USAF Instructions, manuals, technical orders, and DOD instructions, policies and procedures pertaining to range target operations.
- Responsible for maintaining all range, target and road status data and updating GIS software programs and intranet site when needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Follow NTTR and RSS II safe work practices.
- 5 years or more DOD/Government target operations experience
- Proficient in GIS software, database management and working with target data including survey and status data.
- Competent in PC and MS Office Software
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Understanding of working conditions within an USAF Operations and Test Range environment
- DoD Clearance (TS SCI) approval required
- Excellent verbal and written communication with audiences of all levels
- Business requirements gathering and documentation
- Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills
- Knowledgeable and conversant in USAF and DOD Instructions for Range Target Operations, Range Clean and UXO clearance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Strong initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- BA/BS Degree in GIS, Management Information Systems or Information Technology
- USAF Target Operations Management Experience on an Operational and / or Test and Evaluation Range
- RSS II Customer Knowledge and Experience
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- Expert proficiency in GIS software
- Proficiency in Database management
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project, and MS Visio
- Proficiency in Collaboration toolsets (SharePoint) and Work Order Management Systems (MAXIMO)
- Proficiency in Intranet Sites
- Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements dictated by project requirements
- Ability to work in harsh working conditions, outdoors, and/or in extreme temperatures
- Must be available to work outside the normal schedule when dictated by needs of the company
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Janus is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Locations: US-NV-Las Vegas
# of Openings: 1
Posted Date: 8/10/2017