American Tower Field Operations Technician in Las Vegas, Nevada
The Field Operations Technician ("FOT") is responsible for supporting the Network Operations objectives in the field, which includes performing preventative and remedial maintenance, building and grounds upkeep, and the installation, optimization and integration of network hardware and interconnect facilities, including lighting systems and monitoring.Other responsibilities include maintenance and repair of distributed antenna systems and microwave equipment and transmitters and the keeping of site and test equipment inventories.The FOT will be responsible for maintaining network integrity and quality by meeting all customer and internal standards.The incumbent will also perform audits as required.The FOT is responsible for the quality of the company's field data and will complete the collection and maintenance of data about assigned physical assets to ensure an accurate, up-to-date database.
- Ensure complete regulatory compliance for all assigned assets.
- Perform periodic inspections in accordance with company policies, standards and procedures.
- Identify and ensure that major inspection discrepancies are reported appropriately and corrected in a timely manner and that required collected field data is entered.
- Utilize dispatching software, following an optimized route and plan of scheduled work tickets
- Collect UFORM data in an efficient and cost-effective manner and follow standards related to getting this data into the appropriate database.
- Regularly review data associated with assigned sites and either report discrepancies to management or correct errors.
- Work effectively cross-functionally to identify and resolve compliance issues.
- Respond quickly and effectively to resolve various trouble tickets, monitoring system and network performance issues in accordance with applicable policies, standards and procedures.
- Comply with and perform quality assurance programs.
- Keep manager well-informed about operational and maintenance issues associated with sites.
- Monitor and report material usage in order to maintain adequate truck supplies
- Serve on a rotational on-call schedule for emergency repairs and maintenance
- Insure satisfactory completion of work by subcontractors and internal crews.
- Initiate and follow through with capital and repair and maintenance projects at each site.
- Perform quality control inspections on work performed, insuring highest standards of workmanship are adhered to.
- Ensure all customer application, leasing and installation activity, including field verification, site sketches, notices to proceed, and closeout documentation, are completed within required cycle times.
- Maintain clean, safe and orderly environment;
- Properly follow all safety procedures and policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 21 years, have a demonstrated safe driving record, and be able to travel extensively by car/truck
- Basic knowledge of OSHA requirements applicable to the construction industry.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and ability to use additional company software applications
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Able to work independently with limited supervision and complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined with can-do attitude and excellent follow-up skills
- Must be able to walk unassisted across developed and undeveloped construction sites and travel unassisted.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of wireless communication infrastructure required
- T1 and Ethernet backhaul telecom experience preferred
- Generator and power systems experience preferred
- Knowledge of radio transmitters, receivers, antennas, and electronic theory and principles preferred
- Real-estate management background helpful
- Civil construction background helpful
- Prior radio frequency knowledge preferred
Approximately 75% performed in an external environment, on-site, outdoors, exposed to the elements of nature working under normal construction conditions.Approximately 25% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.Approximately 75% travel throughout site territory will be required in support of the position's responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be at site locations both on the ground and on building roof tops, sit, stand, walk, use both hands, and reach and raise items above the head, use fingers to feel and handle, talk and hear.While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 75 pounds.
American Tower Corporation ("ATC" or the "Company") is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance
Job: Field Ops Tech
Title: Field Operations Technician
Location: NV-Las Vegas
Requisition ID: 170000CW