Peckham, Inc. Spreading Machine Operator in Lansing, Michigan
*These jobs are part of Peckham's vocational rehabilitation efforts. Applicants are eligible to apply for these positions if they have a disability that has created a barrier to employment.
Important information about this position:
- Location: Greenhouse- Airport Warehouse, Lansing, MI
- Current schedule: M-F 7am-3:30pm
- Starting wage: $9.25/hour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Must be a team player and maintain excellent attendance to hold this position.
- Have an excellent understanding of the spreading process.
- Should be able to troubleshot the problems of the spreading m/c
- Willing to help others.
- Work together with all members of the table to achieve production and quality standards.
- Set the spreading m/c as per requirement of the fabric to spread
- Count the ply of the spread and correct any variance.
- Ensure that all the rolls of fabric used are of same or matching shade.
- Count the fabric put for the cut against yards on the fabric rolls. If any shortage noticed then document it and report it to the supervisor.
- Help look for defects in the fabric as per gravity cut them out from the spread...
- Help with placing the fabric rolls back in the bin. When one type of fabric is done.
- Write down all the yards used for the cut on cut ticket and check fabric utilization.
- To help the completed spread to move forward for cutting table.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job, an individual must be a consumer of the services of Peckham, Inc. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
This job requires minimal education and one to three months related experience and/or training.
Ability to read limited number of two or three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to communicate effectively to others.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations is using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must pass the Cutting Table pre-screening assessment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate effectively to others. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Peckham Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is operated in accordance with a policy which does not permit discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, handicap, national origin, or any other artificial characteristic.
EOE-Embracing Diversity to Achieve Excellence
- Posted 7 Days Ago
- Full time
Worker Sub-Type: Team Member
Location: Lansing, MI
Business Line: Manufacturing Team
Time Type: Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40