WestRock Rewind Operator in Lansing, Michigan
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Rewind Operator-Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
* GENERAL PURPOSE * * : * Inspect and rewind each job for quality and compliance to customer specifications.:Inspect and rewind each job for quality and compliance to customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
· Calibrate table top counters.Calibrate table top counters.
· Visually inspect labels for defects.Visually inspect labels for defects.
· Splice rolls together using scissors and tape.Splice rolls together using scissors and tape.
· Set up multiple slitter units.Set up multiple slitter units.
· Slit down jobs.Slit down jobs.
· Pack each job as completed.Pack each job as completed.
· Make core/shipper labels, Certificate of Compliance, and packing list.Make core/shipper labels, Certificate of Compliance, and packing list.
· Follow pharmaceutical procedures.Follow pharmaceutical procedures.
· Set up the 100% Visual inspection Unit.Set up the 100% Visual inspection Unit.
· Splice rolls together using Splicing table, following customer splicing specifications.Splice rolls together using Splicing table, following customer splicing specifications.
· Maintain the Rewinder using the PM schedules.Maintain the Rewinder using the PM schedules.
· Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (paperwork).Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (paperwork).
· Follow procedures to setup and operate back numbering equipment.Follow procedures to setup and operate back numbering equipment.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.Performs other job duties as assigned.
Minimum two months’ related experience and/or training preferred.Must have the ability to read and write simple instructions, correspondence and memos. Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.Must have basic mathematical skills. + Must have good color perception and ability to pay high attention to detail. + Must be able to work well with others. + Must have good problem solving ability. + Must be able to work well in a high pressure environment. + Must have basic knowledge of personal computers.Must be able to maintain good attendance.Must be able to flex schedule to meet the needs of production, including working a different shift if needed.Must be able to communicate clearly in English.Must have mechanical knowledge of gears and printing processMust have problem solving skills--both Mechanical and Computer.Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods. + Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.