WestRock Major Machine Operator in Lansing, Michigan
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Major Machine Operator- Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
GENERAL PURPOSE: Operate multiple machines to prepare jobs for the next stage or to finish the job for the customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Sets up and operates cutters, folders and stitcher/trimmer machines.
• Supervises the performance and quality of the product being produced.
• Oversees helpers' performance.
• Performs repairs as necessary.
• Follows safety rules/policies.
• Maintains quality to ensure satisfaction for internal and external customers.
• Familiarizes self with SOP's needed to do every job correctly.
• Performs preventative maintenance on machinery as needed.
• Communicates between shifts i.e. pass information of job to next shift.
• Directs the training and development of helpers.
• Directs the work assignments of helpers.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years' related experience.
• Must be able to read and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
• Must be able to write and speak simple sentences.
• Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences and memos.
• Must have effective interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to perform intermediate arithmetic dealing with decimals, fractions, ratios, etc.
• Must be proficient in basic personal computer skills.
• Must have a broad knowledge of various mechanical skills in order to perform day-to-day procedures.
• Must have a broad knowledge of tools used in repairs, maintenance and over all performance requirements of the machinery. Without this broad knowledge and tools, day-to-day operations become bogged down and inefficient. This results in poor performance, delayed job completions and quality issues.
• Must have knowledge of machinery to access problems as they arise.
• Must be able to follow instructions correctly and efficiently.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Must be able to maintain good attendance.
• Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
• Must pass mechanical ability test.
• Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
Major Machine Operator