BTD BTD_CNC Setup Operator 1 in Lakeville, Minnesota
* If you are interested in applying for this position or to see a list of all our open BTD positions please go to: www.btdmfg.com*
BTD is a fast growing metalworking company. We provide custom metalwork services for some of the world’s top brands. Our 900+ employees work from five facilities throughout the Midwest. We invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our clients the best value possible. We are also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation, a publicly traded company on NASDAQ.
Summary*:* With minimal assistance, can program and operate CNC equipment and maintain a high level of accuracy in the work produced.
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
- Programs jobs ahead of time and downloads before next set-up.
- With assistance, reviews die designs. Understands how the die is producing the finished part before programming is started.
- With minimal direction, documents all pertinent information in the CAD. Files for easy retrieval to reproduce the part as needed.
- Works with other employees to complete jobs.
- Communicates with designers and toolmakers to gather information.
- Solves problems with assistance from others (i.e., trouble with setting up block or creating new program).
- Understands capabilities of CNC Mill to obtain maximum machine speed and necessary set-ups.
- Sets up using fixtures, vices, clamps and all necessary cutters.
- Performs basic maintenance on equipment.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner, complying with the safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area, assuming responsibility for equipment.
- Uses Axapta software programs to enter time/payroll information, job information, etc. "Z"
Experience and Skills Required: At least one year of related mechanical and shop experience preferred but not mandatory, which includes the following skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of the tooling process and CNC machinery.
- Knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in production tooling operations.
- Knowledge of related safety requirements to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions.
- Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Requisition Number: 17-0132
Company: BTD Manufacturing, Inc.
Post Date: 9/12/2017
Title: BTDCNC Setup Operator 1