AbbVie Sr Service Operations Analyst - Consolidation Reporting in Lake County, Illinois
Sr. Analyst, Service Operations –Consolidation Report
The Service Operations Analyst is accountable for validating that the production processes and quality metrics are in place and operational for all high risk and complexity Applications. This role is part of the EA Application Center of Excellence and provides governance and oversight for all critical production services along with support and prioritization for the delivery of Application Maintenance and Support and Minor Enhancement activities.
This position is primarily responsible for managing support of the Consolidation Reporting and other SaaS systems for the Application Center of Excellence EA Finance organization. Cross-train with other applications being supported within the organization and be able to provide backup support to the cross-trained applications.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serves as primary delivery contact for audit requests. Responsible for driving specific audit remediation actions and fixes with Service Provider and Technology Domain teams. Ensure that all the IT systems are complaint with SOX, PCI, PII etc.
- Provides input and feedback for Applications Business Impact Analysis definition and requirements. Reviews the Application Disaster Recovery plans and ensure that the service providers exercise test drills and execute the plan as designed. Assists providers in coordinating with 3rd party hosting or Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) providers on recovery capabilities
- Accountable for ensuring that the Service Transition process is fully executed by the provider. Provides input into the Change, Release and Deployment management processes and schedules to ensure minimal impact and downtime of changes to the business
- Reviews and approves the Service Providers application and technical documentation such as Request for Change, operating procedures and technical and non-technical specifications.
- Evaluates and approves the Service Providers reported trends and the process improvement recommendations to identify areas where preventative maintenance might be performed to improve Applications performance and efficiency.
- Responsible for reviewing the service provider Service Level Agreements and participating in any action plans that are required to address any deviations and/or improvement opportunities with the supplier. Helps manage the relationship with vendors to ensure superior service delivery for all application maintenance and support activities
- Performs daily reviews of ticket activity: queue levels, processing efficiency, backlogs, aging levels along with prior day Incidents and adjusts priorities as needed to ensure that ticket processing and the Problem Management engines are performing within expected operated parameters
- Seeks ways to reduce Business As Usual application related costs and increase efficiencies of applications in production. Ensures that year over year total cost of ownership continuous improvement goals are achieved. Identifies additional opportunities to reduce maintenance and support total cost of ownership
- Serves as primary AbbVie contact point and first level of escalation for Incidents and Problems. Assists with the prioritization and escalation of system recovery issues with Cross-functional, Build and Infrastructure teams
- Ensure that all critical production services including: Incident, Problem, Service Transition, Audit, Validation and Compliance and Disaster Recovery are executed as appropriate.
- Interact with the infrastructure team and business users to provide end to end reporting of Application environment health including: availability, performance, change management and overall environmental health.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert for the applications in the functional space. Provides the business knowledge and oversight for issues related to Minor Application Enhancements and Maintenance and Support activities.
- Assists MSPs in ensuring that all the user access to IT systems are properly controlled and authenticated and segregation of duties are maintained.
- Will conduct an annual access certification process ensuring that current users still require access to applications under their responsibility.
- Performs initial business risk assessment for Maintenance and Support and Minor Enhancement activities.
- Monitors and reviews production defects and recommends enhancements to improve the testing models over time.
- Actively contributes to cross technology process improvement initiatives. Monitor process adaptation and adherence. Reviews and provides input to improve procedures as applicable. Collaborates with service provider to ensure that all applicable AbbVie IT policies and procedures are followed.
- Partakes in vendor performance meetings and operational reviews.
- Participates with supplier personnel regarding short-term architecture strategy development and provides recommendation as it relates to Application performance or continuous improvement.
- Performs post installation analysis including lessons learned and provides recommendations for continuous improvement implementations as needed.
- Provides inputs to the technical reports and documentation that confirm the Root Cause Analysis for Incidents and Problems.
- Reviews and updates as needed, repository of all key information on supported applications including licenses, users, configurations, Configuration Management Database meta-data or additional information as required.
- Contributes to the development of new or the refinement of existing critical Service Operations and/or Service Transition processes.
- Provides guidance to the Application Center of Excellence Manager regarding Third Party implementation of security requirements and controls appropriate to the classification of the data.
- Required: Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Required: Minimum of 6 years of combined experience in Information Technology
- Required: Strong client interaction skills
- Required: Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion
- Required: Strong problem resolution skills
- Required: Proven experience with Application outsourcing and terminology such as Minor Enhancements, ARC’s/RRC’s, Service Level Management and Vendor Management
Required: Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
Preferred: Functional knowledge of Financial applications
- Preferred: Working knowledge of Oracle SQL
- Preferred: Experience in an Application Support role
- Preferred: Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Preferred: Proven experience with ITIL, specifically Incident and Problem management as well as Continuous Improvement Planning (CIP), Cost Optimization, Demand and Release and Deployment Management
- Preferred: ITIL Foundation Certification and/or ITIL Intermediate Certification in Service Operations
- Preferred: Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion
- Preferred: Experience with Service Operations in a global, multi-sourced environment
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Req ID: 1705820
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled