AbbVie Manager, Treasury Operations, North America in Lake County, Illinois
The Manager, Treasury Operations is a key role in the Treasury Operations group, which has North American regional responsibility for cash management, short-term investments and the settlement of foreign exchange transactions. The candidate must be able to perform in a fast-paced environment and work under time pressures. The ideal candidate should enjoy seeking new opportunities while also dealing with significant challenges. The candidate should have demonstrated experience as a successful team leader.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage short-term liquidity, including daily cash positioning and Treasury payments.
- Manage daily cash reporting and short-term cash forecasting.
- Manage the issuance of commercial paper and short-term investments.
- Oversee the analysis of bank fee statements.
- Manage certain aspects of the currency netting program.
- Manage the confirmation, instruction and settlement of foreign currency transactions.
- Coordinate payments, receipts and transfers with various internal groups.
- Coordinate with banks to manage transactions and services.
- Supervise the management of bank accounts, including bank letters, bank account openings/changes, and the bank account database and bank signature cards.
- Manage contingent liabilities, including bank guarantees and letters of credit.
- Prepare audit documentation for Sox, Internal Audit, External Audit and Tax.
- Ensure proper controls are developed and maintained.
- Complete and maintain Standard Operating Procedure guides on all team tasks.
- Direct management of two technicians and one analyst.
- Build and maintain a positive team working culture.
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics or Accounting
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with at least 3 with a multibillion-dollar global treasury.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Experience with a comprehensive treasury management system strongly preferred.
- Experience with SAP Treasury system preferred.
- CTP preferred.
- CertICM desirable.
- MBA desirable.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns quickly, grasps the “essence” of a situation, and is adaptable when needed.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- Able to build a positive team culture that can work well together and support the greater needs.
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Req ID: 1705523
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled