Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Cyber Security Operations Lead (661157) in Lafayette, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Cyber Security Operations Lead
This role has primary responsibility for managing and developing a future state Ball Aerospace Security Operations Center. The key purpose of the role includes security event response management: identification, triage and response to security incidents, security metrics design and reporting, SOC performance, efficiency, capacity, security controls, forensics, data loss prevention, and threat hunting. This individual will set direction for the Security Operations function and contribute to the strategy and direction of the Information Security Office.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead security team-members in planning, design, implementation and support of new and existing security systems to meet business needs.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME). Provide expertise and understanding of all aspects of the Security Operations landscape, working with senior leadership to mold, shape, and expand the security operations footprint.
- Manage cross-department collaboration and communication to ensure appropriate processes, procedures and tools are installed, monitored, and effectively operating and alerting.
- Drive strategy, planning, and operational excellence through continuous improvement and automation.
- Oversee Security Incident Response process execution, management, maintenance and official table top exercises to ensure plan effectiveness and maturity.
- Initiate and foster partnerships with vendors, senior leadership, and across business and IT teams to drive security plans and capabilities across operations.
- Drive the development and implementation of a future state Security Operations Center to support full-stack security management with an emphasis on application and cloud security integration.
- Integrate commercial and US Government threat intelligence sources into core security detection and response capabilities.
- Communicate with resource owners and end users to increase their awareness of security threats, protections, and applicable security policies and standards
- Be part of on-call rotation.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology / Management or a related field plus 8 or more years of Information Security experience.
- Knowledge of information security principles, including risk assessment, intrusion detection, network access control (NAC), encryption, threat and vulnerability management.
- Technical “hands-on” proficiency with several security-related systems and applications (Vulnerability software, firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM).
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, and associated network protocols and concepts.
- Knowledge of NIST SP 800 series and FIPS information security policies, procedures, guidelines, and methodologies desired.
- A basic familiarity with cryptographic concepts and their practical application.
- Experience in documenting and maintaining processes and procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to enable effective security incident and problem resolution.
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies, with the flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors and IT and business personnel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong customer/client focus, with the ability to manage expectations appropriately; provide a superior customer/client experience and build long-term relationships.
- CISSP, CISM, CCSP certifications preferred.
- Must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Cyber Security Operations Lead (661157)
Job ID: 661157
Location: CO – Lafayette
Full/Part Time: Full-Time