UBS Financial Services Internal Auditor – Compliance and Operational Risk Control in Kraków, Poland
Are you a sharp evaluator of risk? Do you enjoy investigating complex issues / situations and proposing solutions? Are you looking to develop your compliance and regulatory knowledge? We're looking for someone like that to:
– Drive or work as a team member on regional and global audits which may cover a wide range of compliance and operational risk control topics, including business conduct (suitability and client-related conflicts of interests), market conduct, AML, KYC, sanctions and embargos, and business due diligence, as well as controls designed to mitigate related risks,
– Identify and evaluate the effectiveness of controls designed to address these risks, provide practical, innovative, and value-added solutions to issues,
– Document and communicate audit issues, root causes and risks, and prepare reports of audit findings for UBS senior management at local, global, divisional and functional levels,
– Review remediation actions submitted by the business for closure to assess whether these have addressed the relevant original risks,
– Develop and maintain relationships with senior management.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in Group Internal Audit (GIA) Team in Krakow. GIA is an independent function that supports UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management, and the control environment within all business divisions and Corporate Center (CC) functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board and the Audit Committee.
As Internal Auditor in the areas of Compliance and Operational Risk Control, you will gain insight into a wide variety of businesses and functions and leverage your knowledge and understanding to perform cross-divisional audits.
The position is based in Zabierzow k/ Krakow (Krakow Business Park).
Your experience and skills:
– A university degree, preferably with a legal or business background,
– Several years of relevant experience in audit, compliance, operational risk control or internal risk management areas, with an understanding of audit methodology or understanding of risk, preferably within the financial industry or professional services firms,
– Strong analytical skills – you are able to quickly understand complex processes and challenge the status quo, identify risks and inadequacies in procedures, as well as propose practical and sustainable solutions,
– An excellent verbal and written command of English with the ability to effectively communicate with senior stakeholders.
– A flexible and committed team player, willing to occasionally travel to other UBS locations for audit assignments,
– Excellent communicator, able to effectively communicate at different levels of an organization, verbally and in writing,
– Able to prioritize and balance your own workload – you have strong time management skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision,
– Curious and willing to discover all aspects of the bank, with the ambition to advance your career in an international environment.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 156379BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Internal Auditor – Compliance and Operational Risk Control
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Audit