WS Packaging Group, Inc. Press Operator in Knoxville, Tennessee
The Press Operator IV role is responsible for the set up and operation of flexographic printing presses in accordance with the printing specifications and customer requirements/expectations.
- Manage and run presses assigned for Press Operator IV level.
- Work indirectly with Quality personnel on a daily basis for quality standards and sign-off.
- Work directly with their TRP/Supervisor to understand and support the goals, plans, and policies of the organization.
- Understand from TRP/Supervisor what steps to go through for verification before a job is taken down
- Work with TRP/Supervisor to minimize and avoid future backorders, reruns, and flag sheet occurrences
- Perform the mandatory daily stretching to contribute to a healthier, safe work environment.
- Keep your press area clean and safe by abiding within the established company cleanliness requirements, AIB, and safety policies and procedures.
- Properly fill out and complete all required paperwork for the job.
- Responsible for verification of job material requirements, copy and color requirements, press diagram sheet and anilox requirements.
- Responsible for following current and any new procedures.
- Read, understand, and follow work instructions for each order, reporting any discrepancies to your TRP/Supervisor for correction.
- Report any necessary maintenance required on the press or auxiliary equipment to your TRP/Supervisor and fill out the required work order.
- Follow and perform all established procedures for quality of product, planning and trouble-shooting each order, requesting help from TRPs/Supervisors as necessary.
- Follow and perform all established procedures for specialized accounts.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance.
- Request direction or additional training as needed.
- Work together as a team to improve and streamline the process with each department.
- May be required to view labels with assistance of strobe light (Warning: Strobe lights may trigger epileptic seizures in persons with photosensitive epilepsy).
- Forward any suggestions or concerns to TRP/Supervisor and work with him/her to improve your ability to run equipment proficiently, reduce waste, increase productivity, reduce set-up times, and/or any additional enhancements to help increase profit and through-put .
- Participate in implementation of process improvement for internal/external customers through data collection, standardized procedures and teamwork.
Duties may be changed or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), Technical degree in printing preferred. Requires a minimum 5 + years of relevant experience in press operation in a manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written/verbal interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to read, write, and comprehend instructions and SOPs in English. Must be able to present information to team.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail and word processing.
- Set up, operate, and perform preventative maintenance on press.
- Basic leadership skills required to give support associates simple directions.
- Read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
- Read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, and work instructions.
- Pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Willing to work overtime as needed.
- Willingness to be a cross-functional employee that can work with multiple teams within the organization to achieve success.
- Capable of devising multiple alternative solutions based on limited assumptions and information.
Works in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. May, on a continuous basis, stand/walk for up to 12 hours per shift as well as stoop and kneel frequently. May handle, feel and reach for items in and around press area, also write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting and/or move up to 40 lbs. may be required. Vision: close vision, distance and color vision to distinguish color variations, peripheral and depth perception as well as the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Must be able to work overtime as required by workload and customer mandated deadlines.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition Number: 17-0627
Title: Press Operator
Post Date: 8/1/2017
Shift: 2nd Shift