WS Packaging Group, Inc. Folder Operator in Knoxville, Tennessee
The Folder Operator is responsible to load and fold jobs to customer specifications and assist in the training of other operators and finishing associates.
- Read and understand the job ticket and other specifications of an assigned job and communicate these job requirements and any potential problems to finishing associates.
- Setup, adjust and operate equipment to meet customer and job specifications.
- Conduct a quality check of the finished product sample for accuracy.
- Understand customer packaging specifications.
- Run customer copies; pull and save samples.
- Pack skids per instructions.
- Complete all required paperwork.
- Conduct preventative and general maintenance of the machine.
- Be able to set-up and operate auxiliary and in-line inspection equipment.
- Understand and enforce safety procedures regarding the operation of the equipment and the organizational policies.
Duties may be change or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
High School Degree, GED or an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of a degree. Minimum of 6 months of previous machine operation in a manufacturing environment required.
- The ability to perform basic math and good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Mechanical background and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to thrive in a team environment.
- Possess the ability to work with manufacturing management to achieve company goals including customer satisfaction and company profitability.
- Able to read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
- Basic computer skills.
- The ability to speak and write in English.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to sit; talk or hear, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to reach to the ground and bring self-up to folding table throughout a workday. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition Number: 17-0520
Title: Folder Operator
Post Date: 6/1/2017
Shift: 3rd Shift