HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Operating Room Assistant - FT Days in Kansas City, Missouri
_Research Medical Center__–__Kansas City, MO_ _Operating Room Assistant - FT Days _ __ Founded more than 125 years ago by German physicians,Research Medical Centeris a 490-bed facility and has become one of the crown jewels in the HCA Midwest Health System. Located in the heart of Kansas City, Research Medical Center is among the only tertiary care centers serving Kansas City proper. Over the past century, this institution has built a tradition of serving residents in Kansas City and a 150-mile surrounding region with exceptional patient care and leading technology. Research Medical Center has completed more than $120 million in capital improvements, including new lobby and admitting areas, renovated and expanded Cancer Center and Women’s Care Unit, construction of all private patient rooms and doubling the Emergency Department.
Research Medical Centeris currently looking for anOperating Room Assistant - FT Days.
_Responsibilities:_ * Under the guidance of Surgery management and staff, the OR Assistant will participate as a member of the perioperative patient care team performing direct and indirect perioperative tasks for patients having surgical procedures and to assist the staff in turnaround of surgical rooms.
Tasks will include transporting patients to and from operating rooms and retrieval of blood products for assigned rooms.
Room turnover tasks will include obtaining beds, returning supplies to case cart tech or sterile processing, returning x-rays, replacing respiratory equipment for next patient and general room cleanup procedures.
* Knowledge of surgical supplies and instrumentation
* Knowledge of surgical procedures
* Knowledge of universal precautions/safety
* One year experience in an acute healthcare facility required; 6 months in a perioperative-related practicesetting preferred.
* Experience in transport, centralized services, sterile processing, environmental services or patient care assistant helpful.
* Basic computer skills to print lists and place orders. * Good organizational skills * Good time management skills * Positive communication techniques * Ability to work well in a team environment * Self motivated and directed
Title: Operating Room Assistant - FT Days
Location: Missouri-Kansas City-Research Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09727-48309