HSBC Operations Settlements Specialist in Jersey City, New Jersey
Responsible for monitoring and facilitating settlements. Tri-party matching and allocation. Reconciling positions and dealing directly with various front office desks.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Monitor & Facilitate Settlements activity, managing within firm Debit Cap
- Manage Collateral projections in conjunction with Finance desk
- Facilitate Tri-party Allocation and manage Chase / BoNY tri-party committed funding facility
- Process Funding projections with H S I/HBUS finance desk
- Trouble shoot issues with trading/repo/sales desk
- TMPG Fails reconciliation oversight
- Perform Treasury Auction/ Buyback processing via TAAPS
- Monitor position and cash breaks between IMPACT and clearing bank
Perform other job-related duties as assigned Decision-Making Responsibility:
Pro-active in escalation of problems.
- Prioritizing trade settlement activity and reconciling problems using own initiative.
Performs according to prescribed procedures. Management of Risk
Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand. Observation of Internal Controls
Each employee must maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year end performance assessments.
Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Knowledge of FICC/IMPACT
- PC Skills Excel/Word
- Knowledge of Chase BDAS and/or BoNY clearing system.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Fixed Income Settlements
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree
Title: Operations Settlements Specialist
Location: New Jersey-Jersey City
Requisition ID: 00009L09