St. Mary's Good Samaritan Surgical Technologist - Certified - Operating Room in Jefferson City, Missouri
Responsible for the provision of patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary for the care of patients and the maintenance of the Operating Room under the direction of a licensed nurse. Sets up Operating Room with needed items for patient care; gathers supplies, x-rays, instruments, etc., for cases; handles instruments during procedures. Communicates information to the RN regarding patients.
- Practices and Implements the technical components of patient care under the supervision of a licensed RN.
- Develops a plan of care based on physician preferences and scheduled procedure criteria. Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals to plan and prepare individualized care for each patient.
- Appropriately prepares equipment, supply and resource needs based on an individualized plan of care. Reevaluates and modifies resource needs as needed.
- Collaborates with the RN to implement a plan of care that incorporates physician preferences, nursing assessments and diagnostic data in a manner that is prioritized, timely, and integrated with the plan of care. Communicates accurate and timely information to the Registered Nurse regarding patients in their care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to perform all aspects of a variety of surgical procedures. Maintains knowledge and skills to properly operate all surgical equipment and instruments. Utilizes appropriate aseptic technique when handling supplies, instruments, and equipment.
- Follows laboratory policy and procedure to correctly handle and label all laboratory specimens.
- Quality controls are documented thoroughly and accurately according to unit specific standards.
- Demonstrates competence in, problem solving, conflict resolution, and team building. Acts as a resource to other team members.
- Organizes and utilizes time efficiently. Demonstrates appropriate prioritization. Maintains an organized work environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively on a team. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relationships with patients, significant others, multidisciplinary team members and co-workers.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Scrub tech certification.
- Surgical Technologist experience or graduate from a Surgical Technologist program.
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare provider certification/card or must obtain within 3 months of hire
- Knowledge and skills to provide patient care appropriate to the specific department. Ability to function effectively in stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate in verbal and written methods.
- Ability and willingness to rotate shifts, take call and adjust to necessary schedule changes.
- Ability to work under supervision as well as ability to oversee others.
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
Primary Location: Missouri-Jefferson City-SSM Health St.Mary’s Hospital – Jefferson City
Job: Nursing Support
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: 17010467