Canadian National Railway Company Operator – Portable Rail Flaw Detector in Jackson, Mississippi
Position Title:Operator – Portable Rail Flaw Detector
- Operators – Portable Rail Flaw Detector are responsible for operating and maintaining the operation and overhaul maintenance of the portable Rail Flaw Detector unit.To ensure the gathered of data and identifying the flaws within the rail. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Supervise scheduling operations and overhaul maintenance of the portable Rail Flaw Detector.
- Monitor the test data and make instrumentation corrections to ensure integrity of data and identification of Flaws.
- Conduct the calibration, maintenance and repairs of the Rail Flaw unit.
- Identify and report the Flaws found.
- Maintain data integrity by following appropriate monitoring and maintenance schedules.
- Reduce derailment by finding internal flaws.
- Required to work on varying shifts to cover operations that run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.
- Work shifts (day, evening or night) on weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays.
- This is a system job that could present travel across the CN network, typical area of responsibility is from Memphis and Across the Gulf Region.
- Sound knowledge of engineering operations, and classification of rails.
- Ultrasonic knowledge
- CDL license.
- Computer skills.
- Safe working in Yard type environment
- Technical & practical knowledge of electrical, electronic and computer maintenance.
- Customer focus.
- Functional & technical skills.
- Lift 50 lbs.
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 8098BR