Citi Operational Loss Reporting & Oversight Manager in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Other Location: United States,Delaware,Wilmington; United States,Florida,Jacksonville; United States,Missouri,O'fallon; United States,South Carolina,Fort Mill
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 17052852
The position is in Citi's U.S. Retail Bank and Mortgage (USRBM) Consumer Business Operational Risk and Control (CBORC) team within the Risk Architecture group. The USRBM CBORC department is responsible for design and oversight of USRBM's Framework for managing operational risk, a program designed to identify, assess, monitor, measure, and report operational risk on a consistent basis across businesses.
The Operational Loss Reporting & Oversight Manager will play a key role in providing continuous oversight, guidance, and reporting on operational loss events within Citi's USRBM businesses. In this role, the individual will ensure adherence with Citi's Operational Risk Management Data Quality Standards. The candidate will act as a liaison between Finance and Risk Operations, Operational Risk Management, and the business process and control owners for identifying and accurately reporting operational risk event losses and assessing controls in place to prevent similar losses from being realized again. The candidate may also provide direct support and guidance to process/control owners as they build new and/or improve existing controls designed to mitigate potential operational loss risks. The individual will also participate in the development of new Key Operational Risks and related Key Indicators, using the knowledge of historical operational losses as one input.
While this role does is an individual contributor, the candidate must excel in their ability to work well with others, collaborate with various departments, and communicate effectively with all levels of management across multiple businesses and support functions.
· Actively participate in all aspects of the USRBM business's operational loss event lifecycle.
· Coordinate monthly reporting to senior leadership for all new, significant operational losses, including reserves.
· Present a summary of significant operational losses to the Mortgage and US Retail Bank Business Risk Compliance & Control Committees, as well as other risk forums as applicable.
· Work closely with the Entity Coordinators for each business's Manager's Control Assessment (MCA) programs to identify the correct control owner for each loss event that requires back-testing.
· Engage key stakeholders to drive accountability and ownership with key business partners and process owners
· Bachelor's Degree, advanced degree, certification (Six Sigma, PMP, PMLC, SDLC, CAPM) a plus
· 5+ years broad and comprehensive knowledge of financial service operations is preferable, mortgage and retail bank being ideal
· Exemplary written and oral communication skills which can be leveraged to consistently succeed
· Minimum of 6 -10 years of operational risk management, compliance or operations
· Previous track record that demonstrates successful operational risk management experiences including working on cross functional, strategic initiatives
· Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze operational and financial impacts
· Ability to coordinate and manage across various business segments and disciplines
· Experience and ease in interfacing with Senior Management
· Technical proficiencies in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint