Citi Governance Officer – Production Operations (Global Command Center) in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17050231
Operational Governance is a Global Command Center function that supports all GCC Platform operations and supporting functions in ensuring compliance and critical control management for designated critical and non-critical controls exercised within the organization.
The Global Command Center Operational Governance Officer is an IT Technology specialist performing end to end analysis, execution, management, oversight and reporting for all GCC SM/L1 critical controls within the supported platforms, in all SM/L1 locations (Irving, Warsaw, Chennai, MX). Additional duties include risk/control analyses and recommendation reporting as part of the Shift-Left initiative for the SM/L1 organization, which is for the SM/L1 organization to take on additional functions/services. This includes the creation of Important Risk Control Baselines, identification & effectiveness evaluation of current controls; identification, drafting, assessing recommended new controls, and the reporting thereof on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. The Operational Governance function also manages the quarterly Managers Control Assessment process for the SM/L1 Global Command Center and works with various risk management organizations to ensure robust controls and continued upward reporting of the effeteness of those controls.
The Operational Governance function participates with all audits where GCC SM/L1 is either impacted or in direct audit scope, tracking, reporting and obtaining audit deliverables for management review prior to submission. Additionally, the Operational Governance function proactively identifies risk trends and mitigating controls that are reported to management. The Operational Governance officer meets regularly with various platform and function managers, officers and other stakeholders to ensure clear communication and ongoing operational control dialog addressing concerns, training, and building robust control structures within the GCC SM/L1 organization.
The Global Command Center Operational Governance Officer relies on developed skill-sets and training; however, must always utilize inherent decision-making abilities to address issues, control gap identification and remediation plans, performing control assessment rating and trending. This person also has the onus and skill-set to identify and propose improvement possibilities and actions required in proactive response to evolutionary needs.
The Global Command Center SM/L1 Operational Governance Officer reports to the Global Command Center Operational Governance Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree (in Risk Management, or related course of study), or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years working within a technology environment
• ISACA CGEIT or CRISC Certified is preferred and/ or with commensurate demonstrable experience
• Proven experience in directly managing projects and initiatives to closure successfully.
• Proven experience in providing high level reporting to senior management
• Proven ability to develop efficient and effective processes
• Proven experience partnering with global and regional support teams
• Bilingual skills preferred
• Expert experience performing analytics and reporting
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, ability to think strategically and logically
• Experience providing detailed analysis
• Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines
• Must have demonstrable knowledge of current COBIT standards pertaining to IT Governance
• Must be able to example and apply active governance and compliance related methodologies to roles and functions being supported.
• Strong applied knowledge of Citi Policies and key compliance related processes
• Must have intermediate level experience supporting or knowledge of Networking, Unix/Wintel/Distributed systems, Voice, Mainframe/Midrange, Cloud, Communication infrastructure technologies
• Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, IE- Excel, Word, etc.
• Intermediate/Expert level ability to perform database queries and extract necessary data.
• Working knowledge of Archer, ServiceNow and other Citi proprietary tools.
• Ability to productively work with minimal or no direct supervision
• Working ability to communicate with all management levels within an organization, credibility and ability to influence leaders
• Analytical and critical thought required to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, without supervision
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to provide high level updates to senior management, and work with the regional support teams to get results
• Customer Service skills required
• Knowledge of ITIL best practices
• Knowledge of project management methodologies (PMI, Agile, etc.) desired
• Demonstrable ability to identify, implement and maintain “value-add” improvement and efficiency ideas