WestRock Gluer Operator in Indianapolis, Indiana
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
GENERAL PURPOSE : Mechanically adjust and set up equipment according to the job ticket specifications. Maintain and operate gluing machine(s) at the required production speeds while controlling quality, waste, safety, and housekeeping standards
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Sets up job according to job ticket instruction and approved structure.
- Reviews job tickets for specifications, set-up time, run speed, labels, folding orientation, skid size, skid height, quantity, ship date and any special instructions.
- Runs equipment at the required speeds while maintaining quality, waste and safety standards.
- Follows all standard operating procedures relevant to job, position and department.
- Monitors production schedules checking for current job and next scheduled job.
- Uses hand tools as needed to form cartons correctly.
- Performs computer input operations as needed for form cartons correctly.
- Troubleshoots and solves operating problems.
- Verifies Feeder, Packer and Pad-Lockers have the proper materials.
- Completes all production reports and/or logbooks.
- Verifies that the Pecas counts and reports match the machine counts and reports. Makes amendments to Pecas as needed for accuracy.
- Prepares for future runs to enable quick and efficient set-ups.
- Aids other Operators and assists Feeders and Packers as needed.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance including lubrication and repairs to equipment except for electrical problem.
- Maintains general knowledge and understanding of gluing processes and equipment.
- Observes all safety rules and procedures.
- Maintains records as required on a daily basis.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
·Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Knowledge of gluing equipment preferred.
- Must have basic computer skills – computer inputs.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Must pass basic reading test.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
Must pass color vision test.
Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.